Page 2 of 2

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 am
by Bandit
It's a great day! My new train is now ready for its very first run. These kits are very easy and very funny to build. :D :D :D

Image

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 pm
by Bandit
My new train runs as well as possible but only forward. It's a little bit slower than my Bachmann stuff (who runs on 20 volts). But the HGLW loco and rolling stock hate my Piko switches and I don't know why. Now I'm looking for a few new wagons and maybe the new loco...
And I'm very happy with my new train ! :D  :D  :D

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:47 pm
by MDLR
Bandit:91132 wrote:But the HGLW loco and rolling stock hate my Piko switches and I don't know why.
I would suggest checking the back-to-back as if they're all not happy, that could well be the problem.

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm
by Bandit
MDLR:91134 wrote:
Bandit:91132 wrote:But the HGLW loco and rolling stock hate my Piko switches and I don't know why.
I would suggest checking the back-to-back as if they're all not happy, that could well be the problem.
You're right! All my Bachmann Rolling stock is equipped with LGB metal wheel sets (#67419) and it runs fine.
The HGLW wheel sets don't have the same dimensions.

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 pm
by Bandit
Before anybody asks me to give the dimensions of the loco...

Image

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:50 am
by Bandit
One more photo...

Image

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:23 am
by Bandit
THAT'S ALL FOLKS !
Have a nice day. See you soon ! :D

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:33 pm
by The Denying Dutchman
A nice looking loco! (and wagons) Aren't you going to paint it?

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:49 pm
by Bandit
The Denying Dutchman:91199 wrote:A nice looking loco! (and wagons) Aren't you going to paint it?
Thanks ! I must do painting...but I HATE that ! :twisted:
I also made new couplers. Watch this out:
http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/New_ ... t7896.html

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:38 pm
by grahamg
Hi all i'm new on here I have a question on the wagons from HGLW do they come with the wheel or do you have to get them sepratly ?
as i'm looking at getting some and a loco

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:20 pm
by MDLR
They do come with wheels!

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:33 pm
by grahamg
Thats great thankyou going to take a lookat these a bit closer :)

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:09 pm
by Desperado
Don't forget to watch the HGLW website:
http://www.hglw.co.uk/

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:31 pm
by jay1976
they come with metal non insulated wheels and axles which run in metal bearings. (top tip as well put a small bit of grease in the bearings when you assemble everything) and take you time in meshing the motor to the cog on the axle, and get the 4wd chassis as you might kick yourself later as the 2wd wont pull as much..
hglw have a facebook page as well

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 pm
by grahamg
I've found them on facebook great photos

I've been looking at the 4x4 loco 32mm one will prder one after xmas and some track but don, t tell the wife :lol:

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:41 am
by jay1976
your wife will see the pics on facebook or here and wil then ask where did you get that and then go look to see how much it was....