Page 2 of 3

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:16 pm
by jay1976

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:30 pm
by dhippey
Coming along nicely Jay.
I'll link to the vid on the HGLW fb site www.facebook.com/hglocoworks

D.

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm
by jay1976
thats ok to link or use any pics.. hopefully finish off middle of the week as from 9pm I work nights during the week so my time is limited doing things..

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:52 pm
by jay1976
Image

Image

Image

Image
Almost finished just need cab handles and a exhaust pipe, runs nicely on my short test track..As can be seen it has a driver and tarp side doors.
centre buffer needs small bolts instead of the screws i used until I get some at the weekend..
I work nights and weekdays I dont get a lot of free time plus I had a party at the weekend for my 3 year old birthday so not much got done..

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:30 pm
by MDLR
It's interesting to see how people are customising their kits - they're all the same but all coming out different!

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:46 pm
by Stewart Gethin
Looking good,

Just ordered mine, along with a flat wagon to go with it, thinking of turning it into some sort of pway train to run on my friends 45mm track.

Cheers,
Stew

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:37 am
by jay1976
MDLR:87879 wrote:It's interesting to see how people are customising their kits - they're all the same but all coming out different!
And thats what I find intresting about narrow gauge railways you are unlikely to see another the same..
next thing is 2 of the open coachs..

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:29 am
by Dave
I have just received my loco kit from hglw and what a great kit for the price.

The original body kit that i ordered from David got lost in transit,however a replacement was sent by courier and David also sent me a 4 wheel drive chassis kit at no extra charge.

What a great service which i will use again

Dave :D

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:59 pm
by jay1976
https://www.facebook.com/hglocoworks
facebook page for houston gate as well.. can give you a idea of what you can do to the loco and other stock..

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:52 pm
by VIGNOT
Very cute little critter ! :D
This loco runs on 32mm or 45mm track ?

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:31 pm
by MDLR
VIGNOT:88574 wrote:This loco runs on 32mm or 45mm track ?
Depends on what gauge you specify when you order it - it comes in either gauge but is not gauge convertible.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:03 pm
by VIGNOT
MDLR:88577 wrote:
VIGNOT:88574 wrote:This loco runs on 32mm or 45mm track ?
Depends on what gauge you specify when you order it - it comes in either gauge but is not gauge convertible.
Oops ! Sorry ! :lol:
It's a question about this red one the photos.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:32 pm
by jay1976
The red one I built runs on 32mm track but it is avalable from them in 45mm..

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:08 am
by VIGNOT
OK! Thanks. :D

Hglw

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:18 pm
by Vapouriser
I put on another thread ehich I cant find that I hadnt received my kits from David. This was a problem to do with having a home , living elsewhere a lit of the time and getting duff information from those who are at home! My kits arrived days ago and are 1 st class. Dont know how he does them for the money. Dont know why.....!

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:42 am
by jay1976
They are proberbly cheap as no small detail bits, and he might be a garden rail enthuisast who wants to get people started on a low budget..
I know my wife would kill me if I bought a £1000+ model but is just about ok on a sub £50 kit.............just

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:55 pm
by OLD_GUY
jay1976:89342 wrote: I know my wife would kill me if I bought a £1000+ model but is just about ok on a sub £50 kit.............just
Me too !

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:47 pm
by SapperAnt
Here's mine. I still need to find something to make an exhaust from.

I have noticed that after prolonged running the nylon worm gear on my example has been pretty chewed up so that in forward it only just goes....not goood.

Image
Click to see full size image

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 pm
by Busted Bricks
All worm gears wear fairly rapidly unless in an oil bath and it was a conscious decision to use a brass spur gear with nylon worms. The spur gear cannot be changed but the worm is easy to replace and they are very cheap. I used to sell them as spares for 25p. David can probably supply some. Getting the mesh right is very important to keep wear to a minimum.

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:18 am
by dhippey
What MR BustedBricks said is correct. Correct alignment is the key. Ensure the brass gears is central to the motor shaft and not too tightly pushed against the worm. The old engineers would put a 'fag' paper between them to give the correct clearance.
My own loco (the one on the FB page banner www.facebook.com/hglocoworks ) has now covered quite a distance and once I got the set up correct wear has been minimal.

Spares can be obtained from me if required. Email HGLW@EagleAssist.com for more info.

Regards,
David H.