Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 am
by hussra
Sir haydn:51709 wrote:I sent in all the artwork to DJB for all of the vintage coach lettering and numbering
Hi,

Lettering & numbering for which era - as they are currently, or for some previous period?

Thanks,

Richard

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 am
by Sir haydn
as they are now. although I did as if he would include the gold '3's and '1's that the marshalls wore early preservation

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:29 am
by Sir haydn
just been contacted by david and because of other jobs these will not be available until later in the year

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 am
by dougrail
Thanks for the heads up SH.

I need to decide by mid June mind as I need the coaches and Nova 100% finished by July 1st!

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 am
by hussra
Sir haydn:51717 wrote:as they are now. although I did as if he would include the gold '3's and '1's that the marshalls wore early preservation
Useful to know, thanks.

Richard

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 pm
by dougrail
Evening chaps

Currently have managed to get into one of my coaches - the rigid plasticard and epoxy construction does little for user-friendly maintenance :lol:

[carefully, I might add!]

I'm totaly reglazing the coach as most of its paper-thin glass was falling off. I've acquired 1.5mm thick clearplastic for stronger properties, it works well.

Now while I have this coach open....I'd like to use her as a guinea pig for furnishing and tarting up. :twisted:

I'm thinking of adding upholstry to the seats [longitudinal, end to end - think the Corris coaches!] and maybe carpet. Any ideas what cloth or where I can get suitable material?

Cheers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:59 am
by Sir Clothem Cap
As your not requiring depth or comfort I would suggest you wander round the local market material stall and buy offcuts of anything that looks right.

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:38 am
by spooner
You can buy self adhesive velvet from craft shop or doll house shop.
Hope that helps.