Page 2 of 2

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:25 pm
by 90733
You going to make some more? :D

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:42 pm
by Narrow Minded
That looks GREAT :!: :D Well done you.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am
by METHSSNIFFER
I guess you could print on adhesive vinyl which is waterproof and has a glossy finish. I tried a similar idea where you print on paper then iron the reverse on to ply. Wasnt that successfull but I do this for coach drawings enlarge to 16mm scale iron on the drawing then cut out. Does work!

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:39 am
by Narrow Minded
I like that idea - do you use the stuff sold for printing onto T shirts?

As for the society (or scratchbuilt for that matter) card coaches, once printed onto card or paper then laminated onto card, build the basic shell and build up a good coating of gloss varnish. (ie apply a thin coat, let it dry then apply another etc - don't "soak" it!)
Then finish with satin or matte to your personal taste. This helps with strength as well as weatherproofing :D

I've got to say, for a first attempt, that bug box is excellent young Mr Hancockshire! (better than my first goes!!) Keep it up and you'll have a rake of stock to be proud of :D

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:51 pm
by made-in-england
What is the site you got them from?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:59 pm
by taliesin001
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:That looks great Hancockshire! What other carriages are available and where from?
I'm guessing this is where you got this from. Here is a link to the various coaches...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/16mmngm/f ... d_Coaches/

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:57 pm
by mhlr
I got my friend Sam on the case as he LOVES free stuff like this, so this is his 'prototype' result (the proper ones will be better apparently)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-MGG5_FJY&feature=sub