Page 2 of 3
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm
by MDLR
The trouble with tie wraps is that they don't bend: I'm going to be tucking the ones I've made down the back of the inner skin and a tie wrap wouldn't bend enough to do the job- plus they're thicker.
Don't need holes in - these windows are "all or nothing"!
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:52 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
They are thinned out with a scalpel and curved at the top to decend into a slot benneath the glazing
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 pm
by MDLR
Ah - THAT's how you do it!
You do it your way, I'll do it mine!
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 pm
by METHSSNIFFER
What a good idea, then I have used real leather that works real windows.
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:34 pm
by MDLR
I've done rather a lot today, including fitting the bar - see
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/buffetcar.html as always.
Here's a taster...........

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 pm
by Matt
Nice bar.
I'll have a pint of bulmers cider please.
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm
by taliesin001
It's certainly coming on well!
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm
by MDLR
I'm aiming to get it done for Stoneleigh............
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:14 pm
by taliesin001
MDLR wrote:I'm aiming to get it done for Stoneleigh............
Haha, it's good to have a deadline, works for me anyway, otherwise my whr coach could take forever to get finished!

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 pm
by mhlr
Matt wrote:I'll have a pint of bulmers cider please.
Doesn't look like the serve it matt.
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:32 pm
by MDLR
Today has seen the rest of the seats and tables fitted, all the lights connected and working (and that was
NIGHTMARE job) and a start made on the roof.
shows the bar all lit up..........
For the full story, take a look at:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/buffetcar.html , as always................
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:53 pm
by taliesin001
Coming along nicely, the bar looks great lit up.

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:54 pm
by LMS-Jools
Looks great.

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Brilliant!
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm
by MDLR
I thought about putting more lights in the main part of the coach, but I want to wait and see what it looks like with the roof on before I decide whether or not to add them.
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:51 pm
by Narrow Minded
That is looking wicked Brian. I've just nipped over to your site and had a good look at all of the build to date - I take it the roof is still drying?
Personally I'm now impatient to see the finished article, (but probably no more than you

)
Excellent job and I predict it will spawn a whole rake of buffet / diners across other lines!!!!!!!
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:17 pm
by MDLR
Narrow Minded wrote:I take it the roof is still drying?
I've just come back into the house from the shed where I've been repairing a superglued loco kit which decided to de-construct itself on Friday - now all thankfully back in one piece - and putting some better handles on my coach box, so I don't drop it again! It seems to be "going off" quite well but I'll probably leave it for 24 hours before finishing off the ends and "canvassing" it - it's going to have roof beams as well.
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:34 pm
by Narrow Minded
It certainly sounds like the dogs' dangly bits and you should be comfortably complete ready for Stoneleigh

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm
by MDLR
I've now removed all the tape which was holding the roof together whilst the PVA went off: the coach won't need any more lighting - the four table lamps are just enough! No more work tonight though - I want the glue REALLY hard before I sand the outside and varnish the inside!
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:18 pm
by taliesin001
I can'wait to see those tables lamps. I think they will look amazing through the windows.
