MDLR Buffet Car

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm

The trouble with tie wraps is that they don't bend: I'm going to be tucking the ones I've made down the back of the inner skin and a tie wrap wouldn't bend enough to do the job- plus they're thicker.

Don't need holes in - these windows are "all or nothing"!

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:52 pm

They are thinned out with a scalpel and curved at the top to decend into a slot benneath the glazing

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Ah - THAT's how you do it!

You do it your way, I'll do it mine!

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 pm

What a good idea, then I have used real leather that works real windows.

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:34 pm

I've done rather a lot today, including fitting the bar - see http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/buffetcar.html as always.

Here's a taster...........
Image

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Nice bar.

I'll have a pint of bulmers cider please.

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

It's certainly coming on well!

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm aiming to get it done for Stoneleigh............

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:14 pm

MDLR wrote:I'm aiming to get it done for Stoneleigh............
Haha, it's good to have a deadline, works for me anyway, otherwise my whr coach could take forever to get finished! :D

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Matt wrote:I'll have a pint of bulmers cider please.
Doesn't look like the serve it matt.
Image

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Today has seen the rest of the seats and tables fitted, all the lights connected and working (and that was NIGHTMARE job) and a start made on the roof.

Image

shows the bar all lit up..........

For the full story, take a look at: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/buffetcar.html , as always................

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Coming along nicely, the bar looks great lit up. :D

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Looks great. :D

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Brilliant!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm

I thought about putting more lights in the main part of the coach, but I want to wait and see what it looks like with the roof on before I decide whether or not to add them.

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:51 pm

That is looking wicked Brian. I've just nipped over to your site and had a good look at all of the build to date - I take it the roof is still drying?

Personally I'm now impatient to see the finished article, (but probably no more than you :D )

Excellent job and I predict it will spawn a whole rake of buffet / diners across other lines!!!!!!!

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Narrow Minded wrote:I take it the roof is still drying?
I've just come back into the house from the shed where I've been repairing a superglued loco kit which decided to de-construct itself on Friday - now all thankfully back in one piece - and putting some better handles on my coach box, so I don't drop it again! It seems to be "going off" quite well but I'll probably leave it for 24 hours before finishing off the ends and "canvassing" it - it's going to have roof beams as well.

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:34 pm

It certainly sounds like the dogs' dangly bits and you should be comfortably complete ready for Stoneleigh :D

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm

I've now removed all the tape which was holding the roof together whilst the PVA went off: the coach won't need any more lighting - the four table lamps are just enough! No more work tonight though - I want the glue REALLY hard before I sand the outside and varnish the inside!

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:18 pm

I can'wait to see those tables lamps. I think they will look amazing through the windows. :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests