Page 2 of 2
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:36 pm
by laalratty
Loving the breakvan! Maybe you could build a whole heywood style train to go with it*. Heywood did make a dining car, a sleeping car and a few other designs of stock, whilst his open wagon design was so brilliantly simple that the ratty pway train is to this day composed almost entirely of heywood design wagons
*ok, maybe a bit ambitious
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:38 pm
by Matt
Yeah, and we're still using the origanle couplings up there on the Ratty. Watch out for the Heywood 'Katie' that DJB engineering are going to lauch sometime in the near future.
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:14 pm
by SillyBilly
Ta Guys, it is likely I may build some more Heywood stuff in the future (open bogie coach), but my bank acccount has just hit rock bottom, so I think I'll finish the projects I've started in the meantime (that's correct, not even enough for a set of Binnie/Cambrian bogies)

!
Matt wrote:Yeah, and we're still using the origanle couplings up there on the Ratty. Watch out for the Heywood 'Katie' that DJB engineering are going to lauch sometime in the near future.
Pheeeeesh, £400 was over my limit, I'd love a 'Katie', somehow I think that is somthing that'll have to wait till I'm older and one appears in the GardenRail Ads section

(unless somone wants to buy me one?

)
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:20 pm
by SillyBilly
Oh, meanwhile, here is the promised photo,sorry for the appauling photography skills, it was a rushed photo taken during a gap in the typical welsh weather!

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:30 pm
by laalratty
Great captured the look of the real thing very well. All those who are intrested in Heywood please remember that the 2 surviving locos (of sorts) are at Ravenglass River Irt has the frame and other bits of Murial whilst Katie is the real thing
Ps when i was last at Ravenglass River Irt was over the workshop pit with the axels out for maintenence, I was allowed to go underneath to look at the underside of the loco, very interesting
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
by SillyBilly
I'd love if they built a new chassis for the Irt, and re-built Muriel, or have the frames been extended? Personally I find in the category of miniature railways (I class 15" as a miniature) you can't better Heywood.
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:56 am
by Chris Cairns
That has turned out well William, and a nice moody photo to show it off.
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:32 am
by ACLR
that is great mate well done

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:36 am
by steamyjim
Looks great Will! Wish I could get of me bottom and build something other than locos
Anyone have any idea about the price of the DJB Katie?
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:37 am
by Matt
Yeah, get model SillyBilly

. I guess it's going to be too complicated, and worthless, to fit it with Heywood couplings.
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:27 am
by mhlr
wow, it's great SB!!! well done!
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:16 pm
by SillyBilly
Matt wrote:I guess it's going to be too complicated, and worthless, to fit it with Heywood couplings.
Yep! It doesn't work properley with the choppers, as my corners are too sharp!
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:25 pm
by laalratty
The Irt had its frame extended to make it an 0-8-2 so that a boiler with a proper firebox could be fitted. Not sure if it could be unextended, and it would be a major job to build a new one
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 pm
by John Chapman
You've made a very nice job of that Jim. I am a great fan of Sir Arthur Heywood's designs
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:16 pm
by steamyjim
Its not mine, its Wills

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm
by John Chapman
steamyjim wrote:Its not mine, its Wills

Oops, sorry Bill

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:05 pm
by SillyBilly
John Chapman wrote:Oops, sorry Bill

No worrys

!