Page 2 of 2
Re: Trestle bridge help
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:36 pm
by Jimmyb
Nearly had a catastrophe on one of my raised curves over my stream, whilst running my RH Fowler, a little too fas down hill into the curve, and it left the track, luckily NOT falling in the water. I need to drive more carefully, and maybe some type of barrier.
Re: Trestle bridge help
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 pm
by ge_rik
Have you turned the heads of the nails into fancy finials? That's what I call attention to detail!!
Rik
Re: Trestle bridge help
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 am
by GAP
ge_rik wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 pm
Have you turned the heads of the nails into fancy finials? That's what I call attention to detail!!
Rik
Finials!!!
Rik, this is a bush railway it is a sheer luxury getting galvanised posts for the safety rail
Now that I have updated my Blog I may need some expert help on how to group all the posts from start to Stage 1 completion into one area so I do not have a huge list of posts going forward.
I have broken this build into 4 Stages;
*Stage 2 is a town area which is all flat and just involves building something similar to Greg's Melaleuca
*Stage 3 is getting a line back up hill with about half the space used to get it down hill (did someone say Helix???) and
*Stage 4 which is a loop through the shed (a board can be seen in one of the pictures where the propose line will run) with storage under the HO layout.
What possibly can go wrong with all that??
Meanwhile I have something to run locos on even if it is only FWD and REV up and down the same line, although I have considered a temporary switchback to give some interest.