Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
-
METHSSNIFFER
Post
by METHSSNIFFER » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:27 am
Well we are nearly there at last, just need to build the chassis and balcony and fit bogies and then done

-
Soar Valley Light
- Driver

- Posts: 1490
- Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:18 pm
- Location: North West Leicestershire
Post
by Soar Valley Light » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:43 pm
That's really lovely. Full of character and interest. I look forward to seeing a pic of the completed vehicle.
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 pm
Up to your usual standard. Are the curved pieces of beading done with filler or by starting with roughly the right shape and sanding it to a smooth curve?
-
METHSSNIFFER
Post
by METHSSNIFFER » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 pm
Beading all done with cut and file method and a template. Using a template ensures consistency.
-
LnBmad
Post
by LnBmad » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:24 pm
Planked roof?
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 pm
Interesting, must admit I've never thought of using a template. I'll remember that one for the future.
-
Colinjamesporter
Post
by Colinjamesporter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:52 pm
I will keep an eye on this build. Very impressive.
Best wishes
Colin
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests