A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:06 pm
Hello! My family gave me a little room for a hobby! Room size is 3 by 3 meters. Soon I will console-ring. And I will be the lord of the ring.
There is a problem with the door. This will be decided.
Currently I run a short train.
Sound decoder is made in Russia.
Little video of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQUbCbF38BI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8PHgXIT3CE
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 pm
Just moved this to the "railways and layouts" bit of the forum as I thought it more appropriate. (There is another indoor "garden railway" in this thread already)

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
Vapouriser
Post
by Vapouriser » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm
Wow. A railway with a view. I like that. Sure you could fit another siding in. Cut a slot in the door and run the track straight across. I dont have space for a circle but with 25 ft by 3 I am slowly putting in a station and sidings. Turntable at one end and point at the other , tunnel and 'bridge'between. Hope r/c works in a confined space or else!! I have padded 'enclosures'at each end in case of runaways. Nice to see your railway.
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:37 pm
Nice collection of signs and artifacts you've got there - nice railway, too!
-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 am
MDLR:86011 wrote:Nice collection of signs and artifacts you've got there - nice railway, too!
Collection of lamps and code plates of rolling stock I collect since 2000. The first sign I was presented with a birthday. But this collection brimming with is rare and random.
The door will not cut it. For a folding door. I do not know how to properly call on English. The store OBI these doors have.
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm
"Folding door" is absolutely right - in the IUK you can get a (wooden) door which will fold in two, or a plastic door which folds up like a concertina - this might be better for your room but they're not very strongly made.
-
jay1976
Post
by jay1976 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 pm
a alternative door is fit a sliding door.
-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 am
Ring has closed!

-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:54 am
New wagons on my ring.

-
Dwayne
Post
by Dwayne » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:09 pm
Cool.

-
ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8010
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
-
Contact:
Post
by ge_rik » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:17 pm
Just goes to prove there's always space for a large scale railway with a bit of imagination. Magic!
Rik
-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 am
Unfortunately on the console little room for different buildings. There are only four corners. Here's the first little house cabin.
To the New Year I got a new coach. This was the first experience in the construction of cardboard (of paper).
View from the window.

-
ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8010
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
-
Contact:
Post
by ge_rik » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 pm
I really like the coach. Nicely done. Fascinating to see the view from your window - and I thought the weather was cold here!
Rik
-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:28 pm
-
philipy
- Moderator

- Posts: 6059
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: South Northants
Post
by philipy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:52 pm
Hi Ruby,
It looks as though you you have been busy during the last 12 months. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Philip
-
Annie
Post
by Annie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:01 pm
Happy New Year

I'm very impressed with how much you've been able to fit into such a small space. That will teach the rest of us not to make complaints about not having enough space for a railway.
The blue industrial railcar you've built looks nice.
-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:21 pm
Thank you for your interest in my subject! I really have not posted in the forum a year. Past 2015 for me was saturated. I went to Vietnam. I went there by train. I went to Israel. In Israel there is a railway museum. There are many British wagons. I also travel by bicycle across Russia. Wrote on the forum did not have time.
In winter, that's what I ride a bike.
Click to see full size image
-
Annie
Post
by Annie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:36 pm
I love bicycles too, though since I've been ill I don't ride as much as I used to. Bicycles are good, - I never liked driving a car much.
-
invicta280
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 676
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 pm
- Location: kent england
Post
by invicta280 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:55 pm
Happy new year! Good to see you still here.

-
ruby
- Cleaner

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
- Location: Russia Moscow
-
Contact:
Post
by ruby » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:31 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests