Workman's Coach

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sat May 24, 2008 4:47 pm

That's the problem with Super Glue, it leaves white marks, which is why I no longer use it for windows, use two-part resin or full strength PVA glue.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by steamyjim » Sat May 24, 2008 4:55 pm

Sounds good Pete!

What method did you use for making the corrugated iron roof?

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sat May 24, 2008 6:03 pm

SillyBilly wrote:That's the problem with Super Glue, it leaves white marks, which is why I no longer use it for windows, use two-part resin or full strength PVA glue.
I tend to find that epoxy still discolours the windows and doesn't stick properly, although it may depend on brand etc. As for PVA, my coaches get far too much handling to make this work, even with full strength
Look forward to seeing the rebuilt coach MHLR, the corrugatted roof sounds like its a good idea on a workers coach

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sun May 25, 2008 12:11 am

steamyjim wrote:Sounds good Pete!

What method did you use for making the corrugated iron roof?
Its a sheet of corrugated aluminum I found in B&Q - dead expensive though :? Same stuff thats on my scratchbuilt workman's...
Image

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by steamyjim » Sun May 25, 2008 9:33 am

Excellent! They make corrugated metal that small :shock:

ACLR

Post by ACLR » Sun May 25, 2008 9:00 pm

CCairns wrote:Does Mamod track expand much in sunny weather?
It probably does mate but as I dont have mine fixed I dont notice it and it gets damn hot out here in the sun

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests