IP Engineering Line Up

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
User avatar
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: York

Post by williamfj » Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 pm

An Ezee Rapier diesel loco kit and Ezee goods van kit , the only extras are the driver, lamp irons, nameplates, exhaust and I've put the electronics in the van so it can be R/C fitted.
Image

A Fowler Rail Bus, the only additions are the lamp irons and the "29 R.H.BAY" destination blind.
Image

An Isle of Man goods wagon kit (a.k.a G van) the only differences are the lamp irons
Image

A Ezee Guards wagon kit, the only additions are the internal wall and lamp irons.
Image

Finally a IP20 short planked guards wagon kit, the lamp irons are the only extras.
Image

Most of the lamp irons are made from brass strip although some stock carries some cast brass ones from Chuffed 2 Bits.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue May 31, 2011 4:50 pm

And heres a few from me!! :D

Another IP Rapier Kit 'SKYE', no added extras as of yet - (apart from the hedge cutter attachment I made)
Image
Image

And a IP Ezee Van:

Image

The 2 Penryhn Quarrymens Coaches: without the axleboxes when the photos were taken - no other extras added to these yet either.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Now for my last 2 pieces of IP stock the VoR Gaurds Brake, and Bogie Summer Coach. The only items added to these are the Vac Pipes and the End Steps and Tail Lamp/Battery Box which are all available from IP themselves:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Thats all the IP Stock I own :D :lol:

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:17 pm

These are the ones which I can find pictures for. I have also built the FR 4 wheel brakevan and zoo car but sold them on. Currently building a pair of whr vans and lollypop railcar.

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MamodFan

Post by MamodFan » Tue May 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Heres my attempt* Another IP rapier with Exhaust made from brass tube, Nameplates, and a buzzer (Horn) :)

Image

Image

Not very good compared to most but oh well! :)

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue May 31, 2011 7:05 pm

humm where to start!
3 wagons started it all off
Image
The a rake of 4 two compartment carriages
Image
Although all four never ran together and three was a rare sight! Then this happened to one of them:
Image
and the other was turned into the station building at butley hault in the cronicles!
The other two have become rather iconic
Image
Next up came a penrhyn carriage when the other carriage broke and emergency coaching stock was required.
Image
Then the B and W ones (still unfinished!)
Image
and the WHRly one (also still unfinished)
Image
I also have a cattle wagon and a van still unfinished!
Image
There were of cource the NIfarm wagons
Image
Image
And a lollypop farm gaurds van which I turned into a high class first class thing as an experiment into wood planking for the moty carriage
Image
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Tue May 31, 2011 7:19 pm

Image

OK - first off, I've got my Lollypop Railcar (built more-or-less as supplied - only name and number plates added..............

Image

......... then my Eeezee Daisy Railcar, with added headlight, forward/reverse switch, glazing, droplights, ventilator, sleeper load AND Flat truck......................

Image

My Rapier's got an added exhaust, headlight, forward/reverse switch and glazing..............

Image

Agnes and Perdita are a pair of Eezee railcars, heavily modified - go to http://www.mdlr.co.uk/loco18.html for the full story!

Image

The railway has a rake of 3 VoR bogie coaches, fitted with interior lighting and lamp irons, seen here with the buffet car...........

Image

.............. seen here in close up - http://www.mdlr.co.uk/buffetcar.html will give you chapter and verse.

Image

Turning to freight stock, I've got a rake of four opens, bought on one of Ivan's BOGOF offers at Stoneleigh one year.........

Image

............and finally, the PW Train has an Eeezee Brake Van with added lamp irons.[/img]

User avatar
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Stockton

Post by Steven.T » Tue May 31, 2011 7:23 pm

I built my loco using their Home Builders Chassis;

Image


And if you wait a few weeks, I've just ordered some 3 Comp freelance coaches :D

User avatar
TonyW
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Post by TonyW » Tue May 31, 2011 8:01 pm

MOD low loader:
Image
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Quite a bit of stuff, and havn't got pics of it all
Image
Added interior detail of my Ffestiniog number 17/18 bowsider bogie coach
Image
Extrerior pic on a trial run
Image
Most of my goods stock is by IP, 2 goods vans, guards van, 3 four plank open wagons and a flat wagon. Oh yes, and livestock wagon under construction
Image
Punch class loco "Hazel"
Image
The two small 4 wheeled carriages in the middle
I also have a "Kate" kit under construction, and IP bogies under a number of my scratchbuilt carriages

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Tue May 31, 2011 9:14 pm

I only have two complete IP wagons:

Image

Freelance guard's van kit, MVR No. K1. Our first kit built wagon, completed 2004. This is an archive shot from 2005 - the police box has since been moved to Box End station. Incidentally, the colour scheme was devised by my brother. It looked good on paper but turned out slightly, erm, lurid on the real thing! I've recently toned it down slightly by repainting the solebars and axleboxes black, but am now considering a complete repaint.

Image

Freelance cattle wagon kit, MVR No. 1 U1. Completed 2006, pictured 2008.

In addition, our battery diesel No. 3 Blackbird is based on an IP deluxe chassis, with a scratchbuilt body. Completed 2006, pictured 2007.

Image

Several other wagons use IP wheels, axleboxes, and couplings.

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Got a few bits, a couple of Ezee flats with ends, a freelance brakevan. Not used much but good projects for future bodges.

Loco wise, well all the non steam diagrams on the line were covered by Rapier, Jessie & Jack loco's from the IP range. All those have now expired. The Jessie is undergoing refit using surviving parts from the Jack. The Rapier needs a new engine & the Jack, well it's totalled chassis wise so either scrapping or new chassis needed (Essel or maybe if future when funds allow a roundhouse unit).

Image
Jessie (Built 2010, out of service April 11).

Image
Jack (Built 2008 <MHLR> Entered service CVLR, May 2010, stored unservicable may 2011).

Image
Rapier (Built april 2010, stored unservicable april 2011).

They have all racked up massive loco hours to be fair on what is quite a demanding line.

thecsmann

Post by thecsmann » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:51 pm

i could be here the rest of the week with this one, so will just show some of my fr set which now has trans fers fitted. the two smaller ones are andel.
Image

User avatar
TheChestnutLine
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 am
Location: 'Up North'

Post by TheChestnutLine » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Did you paint the andel ones? May I have a closer look?
:)
James

anythingsdr

Post by anythingsdr » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Having seen all the nice pictures about I'mtotally jelous! so Splashed out for some IP kits;

Freelance Bogie Coach
Ezee Railcar
Freelance Guards / Luggage Coach
& Ezee Rapier!

Hopefully money well spent!

User avatar
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Stockton

Post by Steven.T » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:25 pm

A few pics, the first, showing the I.P. Chassis (now redundant) along with the two I.P. freelance coaches, one being a guards/ luggage coach:

Image

Image

And my newly made I.P. Guards wagon:
Image

thecsmann

Post by thecsmann » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:50 pm

TheChestnutLine:56811 wrote:Did you paint the andel ones? May I have a closer look?
:)
yes and yes but i will try to take a better one soon.
Image

User avatar
TheChestnutLine
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 am
Location: 'Up North'

Post by TheChestnutLine » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 pm

thecsmann:56880 wrote:
TheChestnutLine:56811 wrote:Did you paint the andel ones? May I have a closer look?
:)
yes and yes but i will try to take a better one soon.
Image
Thanks :) It's the finish I'm unsure about. I've seen them at exhibitions just the wood grain effect looks a little coarse? How do the compare to the wood ones?
James

User avatar
Keith S
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Keith S » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 am

I'm currently waffling between buying an IP "freelance" bogie coach and a swift sixteen one. I would prefer the wooden IP kit to the resin S.16 one, just based on materials, but I'm worried the IP one would be too small to look good with the roundhouse engine. I understand I.P has discontinued their "roundhouse" range, so I think the "freelance" coach might be too short or narrow to look well with a roundhouse engine.

Anybody have pictures of one with a RH loco? I really can't decide.

Jerm
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm
Location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada

Post by Jerm » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:39 pm

This past weekend saw all of my IP stock (save for one van still under construction) all out and in service. Pictures were taken as per usual and that makes this a good time to post.

One LGB interloper included, too.

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Adding to the IP Engineering gathering...

Image

My second 'permanent' locmotive, the IPE-Jess Highlander. Bought for a song, replete with speed control and extra detailing as well as working frontlamp and a workig red backlamp. To be lined in red and given nameplates in due course. Now fully working after the difficulties a couple of weeks back. :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests