Andel Models Semi open carriage

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Andel Models Semi open carriage

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:26 pm

This was the biggest buy of the show,
Image
Allready I have started to construct it to compliment my new teak rake of carriages when thought suddenly struck me
Image
The train above would have 8 axles and is the maximum train length (excluding loco) that the railway can hold. There would be no room for my all important, vital guard's carriage with the air pump. So I decided to make a guards compartment with the excess pieces that came in the Andel kit. This is just a mock up but what do you think?
Image
Image
Image
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Looks good.

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:36 pm

It looks very nice indeed! :D

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:55 pm

I think that guards compatment is a good idea. Makes it different to all the other kits that have been built (and looks good :D )

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm

very nice. :D

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:01 pm

That's a great idea and looks fantastic.

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Yup great idea. :D

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Goodness! I'll go ahead with it then! I have come up with preliminary ideas of fitting breaks to the bogies as well..... I love the colour, andel mixed it up specially!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

User avatar
andysleigh
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Guildford
Contact:

Post by andysleigh » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:52 pm

brill Zach!
I look forward to seeing it finished
Image

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Lovely, go ahead! Would look quite different from any other.
Image

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Mr Bond take a look on you tube under the ending Lego tecknic pump there is a vid on air brakes applied to a lego car.

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Looks fantastic, I'd say send a pic to Andy, I'm sure he'd like to see it

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 pm

yeah will do, I phoned him to ask about these spare planked sheets and he was very interested. Might introduce it into the range if he likes it enough!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:yeah will do, I phoned him to ask about these spare planked sheets and he was very interested. Might introduce it into the range if he likes it enough!
Remeber to tell him to put a little text saying:
Designed by Zach Bond
:lol:

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Brilliant Idea!
Nice Mod on the kit there.

Now I know I am being very Picky indeed but I think maybe it would be better with some wooden planking the other side of the door as well, although trial it first as it may look too much and make it too enclosed for an open coach.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

I had thought about it but I don't think I have enough spare planking for that.
Image
The overall view currently, just propped up on some humbrol cans for now, The struts have been painted black, the roof needs painting white now.
Image
The holes have been drilled for the break pipes,
Image
The guards compartment now assembled.
Image
Image
A little look in, the guard has two seats and a desk on which I'll put a break control, some flags, a log book and a non working pressure gauge. The compartment could also do with some shelves.
Now I have one spare bit of planking left over so
Image
Should it go at the passenger end?
Image
The brake end?
Image
or should it be cut in half and used to enclose the guard a little more?
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:12 am

Brake end I would say but not to enclose the area any more.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 am

Oh right, between the windows or cut in half and put on the opposite sides of the door?
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am

I'd say between the windows. Where else will you hang the shelves?

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 am

I would agree, between the gaurds windows.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests