Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:32 pm
Ok one picture of a mock up of the interior, well I say mock up, I just need to paint the seats, glaze and varnish the walls and add other detailing and stick it all in but just to give you the general idea...
OKOK another one then!
Then longitudinal benches are apparent...

The floor has already been weathered.

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
plewsy2105
Post
by plewsy2105 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm

speechless......i want one
plewsy2105
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm
Now that looks NICE! I hate people with laser cutters

-
mhlr
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4336
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
- Location: Shropshire, England
Post
by mhlr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 pm
Good lord Mr Bond... Speechless!! You really are a dab hand at that 2D design. I have the package now so must learn to use it properly! (I'll have to show you a drawing of my you know what project once I finished it).
Would you consider making more of these coaches?

-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm
Oh wow
That's looking excellent!
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm
GOSH! many thanks indeed for you kind comments!
I am sort of trying to push the boat out. Highly commended was nice but....
It used to be an IP 2 compartment carriage...

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
SillyBilly
Post
by SillyBilly » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:58 pm
WOW, if you don't win MOTY Juniors, then something is wrong, make sure the roof is removable!
Last edited by SillyBilly on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm
am doing! I hate unremovable rooves!

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
mhlr
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4336
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
- Location: Shropshire, England
Post
by mhlr » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:21 am
I wanna see mini-Town's face when he sees it
Having said that, I bet he's got hold of a laser cutter now too

-
MoelygestLR
Post
by MoelygestLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 am
If this is the standard of the junior entries I'm bu99ered if I enter my shabby engine shed in there, definatley Lineside! (theres less entries usually meaning more chance of winning or is that just my crazy idea!). that is of course providing it is finished in time.
Anyway as has been said, beautiful work! fancy doing comissions?
-
LMS-Jools
Post
by LMS-Jools » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Luvvly Jubbly

-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 am
As to commissions I'd love to and have made a few bits and bobs for a few people however I am legally not allowed to sell anything I make with school property.
I need to get me a LASER cutter....

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
Merddin Emrys
Post
by Merddin Emrys » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:47 am
WoW!!

astonishing, love it, just how much is a laser cutter and how easy / hard is it to use one?
-
Endless, Nameless
Post
by Endless, Nameless » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 am
Merddin Emrys wrote:WoW!!

:D astonishing, love it, just how much is a laser cutter and how easy / hard is it to use one?
A lot, and very easy!
Mr Bonds eye for detail and shape is most impressive, as is his CAD design skills- most impressed.
-
made-in-england
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 826
- Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm
Post
by made-in-england » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 pm
SillyBilly wrote:WOW, if you don't win MOTY Juniors, then something is wrong, make sure the roof is removable!
Hes not the chairmans son
very nice model mr. B!
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:33 pm
That looks very nice indeed - you'll have to start taking commissions! You won't charge us, of course, but I'm sure Arrangements could be made......................
-
SillyBilly
Post
by SillyBilly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:03 pm
MoelygestLR wrote:If this is the standard of the junior entries I'm bu99ered if I enter my shabby engine shed in there, definatley Lineside! (theres less entries usually meaning more chance of winning or is that just my crazy idea!).
Erm Paul, your not exactly a junior anymore either.
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:35 pm
OK, a little advice would be appreciated. Should I paint the seats green considering they have gone a mankey grey, black charcoal colour in places or varnish them and hope for the best.
The luggage rack will be green and some picture frames will be green so maybe the seats should be too. Everything else will be varnished and weathered.

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:Should I paint the seats green considering they have gone a mankey grey, black charcoal colour in places or varnish them and hope for the best.
I'd be tempted to LIGHTLY sand them, stain them with Coloron wood stain, THEN varnish. You could stain the "walls" light oak, and the seats walnut or red mahogany.
That would be a lot more "carriage-like"...........
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:30 pm
I'd agree with what Brian has said, seats are usually stained rather then painted
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 92 guests