AnDel bug box

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
Sir haydn

AnDel bug box

Post by Sir haydn » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Heres my effort, waiting for some brandbright copper couplings. hand rails and brake pipes.

Image

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Nice. I want one but I've only got a fiver & a Twenty pound street voucher

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Very nice, looks like you've got a good paint finish

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 pm

the resin needs rubbing down to make a good base but worth the effort.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 pm

My second (green and red first) will be arriving soon. I wont paint it just to see the comparison!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 am

Sir Haydn's looks great painted like that, I've just built one and was'nt sure about painting it so Have not put the glazing in yet, I'm going to paint mine once I know where to get the correct paint!

By the way I drilled the holes for the hand rails and door handle exactly following the instructions only to find when looking at pics of the prototypes that the holes are in the wrong place! nothing a bit of filler won't cure though :lol:

It goes well with my ebay scratchbuilt bugbox although I think the Ebug sits higher on its wheels

Image

Image

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 am

I really should start to make/buy some decent rolling stock soon, my mamod stuff it's the best of all things! :roll: :lol:

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm going to need some FfR stock for my Linda when she arrives :lol: Andel bug boxes would be ideal...
Image

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Ive modified the door handle location using some car filler, filled the incorrect holes and drilled a new one, it's in the paintshop now!

Image

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 pm

I've painted mine now, just waiting for brakepipes and FR crests!

Image

Took this pic then noticed the roof was'nt on right :lol:
Image

Image

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

WOW! That looks great. Saw these at Lincoln at the weekend and was very tempted. Looks like they make up into a very nice model! :D

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

That bug box looks lovely, really good job! Bet it looks a treat behind Linda.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests