HNGR Bug Box

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:25 pm

You going to make some more? :D

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:42 pm

That looks GREAT :!: :D Well done you.

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

I guess you could print on adhesive vinyl which is waterproof and has a glossy finish. I tried a similar idea where you print on paper then iron the reverse on to ply. Wasnt that successfull but I do this for coach drawings enlarge to 16mm scale iron on the drawing then cut out. Does work!

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:39 am

I like that idea - do you use the stuff sold for printing onto T shirts?

As for the society (or scratchbuilt for that matter) card coaches, once printed onto card or paper then laminated onto card, build the basic shell and build up a good coating of gloss varnish. (ie apply a thin coat, let it dry then apply another etc - don't "soak" it!)
Then finish with satin or matte to your personal taste. This helps with strength as well as weatherproofing :D

I've got to say, for a first attempt, that bug box is excellent young Mr Hancockshire! (better than my first goes!!) Keep it up and you'll have a rake of stock to be proud of :D

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by made-in-england » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:51 pm

What is the site you got them from?
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:That looks great Hancockshire! What other carriages are available and where from?
I'm guessing this is where you got this from. Here is a link to the various coaches...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/16mmngm/f ... d_Coaches/

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:57 pm

I got my friend Sam on the case as he LOVES free stuff like this, so this is his 'prototype' result (the proper ones will be better apparently)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-MGG5_FJY&feature=sub
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests