One of my various correspondents drew my attention to an attractive little loco which once graced the metals of the 3' 9" gauge Fayles Tramway in Dorset. Constructed by Stephen Lewin in around 1868, it was originally named CORFE but, when it was transferred to Fayles Tramway in 1906 it was given the name of TINY.
Source: George Moon Collection
With some prompting, I tracked down plans in edition 121 of The NG&IRM Review and over the past couple of months have been slowly producing 3D printed parts. I have now started construction. There's a fair bit more to do in terms of detailing, but it seems to be coming together.
I'll keep you posted.
Rik
TINY build
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8018
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
- SimonWood
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 813
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm
- Location: West Wales
- Contact:
Re: TINY build
Love it Rik. What a characterful little loco.
- nick25
- New User

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:12 am
Re: TINY build
This model is so exquisitely crafted!
oyostepper.de bietet Produkte wie Hybrid Schrittmotor und Bürstenloser DC Motor online an; Bestellungen können nach Bedarf aufgegeben werden.
- StuartJ
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 156
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:39 pm
- Location: Bristol
Re: TINY build
One of my favourite locos! Much better looking without the cab though, I think
What chassis are you using?
What chassis are you using?
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8018
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: TINY build
My own concoction - using a GA25-370 gearmotor.
I have an aversion to using plastic wheels on locos and so have used Bachmann 24.5mm dia wheelsets. The original loco had solid wheels with spokes moulded on and so I've produced inserts for the wheels to mimic this.
Rik
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests