Wow!!
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8018
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
- SimonWood
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 813
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm
- Location: West Wales
- Contact:
Re: Wow!!
100% agree with your comments Rik. But also, I thought - that has to be new laid track, how can it be so neat? But then, look at the maturity of the scale trees - which also add hugely to the atmosphere. And that tunnel - looks like it has been blasted out of solid rock. Even the positioning of the camera is perfect in giving you that real feeling of watching something that's actually be filmed from a train. Just extraordinary realism.
- Peter Butler
- Driver

- Posts: 5723
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
- Location: West Wales
Re: Wow!!
Wow indeed! A beautiful landscape setting and well filmed video. Most impressive.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?
- Lonsdaler
- Driver

- Posts: 1515
- Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 am
- Location: North Yorkshire
Re: Wow!!
It is a stunning railway in every respect. I think the realism has been enhanced by playing/recording at about half speed.
Phil
Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds
My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077
Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds
My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8018
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Wow!!
I'm not so sure. If you play it at double speed (controls in top right corner) then the background foliage towards the end of the film moves in an unrealistic way. Even at 1.25x normal the foliage looks over-animated.Lonsdaler wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:40 am It is a stunning railway in every respect. I think the realism has been enhanced by playing/recording at about half speed.
Rik
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8018
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
- Lonsdaler
- Driver

- Posts: 1515
- Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 am
- Location: North Yorkshire
Re: Wow!!
Interesting. I played it at 2x and thought it made it more 'realistic' in terms of how I would expect a 16mm steam loco to run; but of course it looks more 1:1 at the speed the maker has chosen. None of which detracts from the work and effort that's gone into making that a very special railway. I just hope the plywood buildings will be weatherproofed and perhaps brought in during the worst weather.ge_rik wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:05 amI'm not so sure. If you play it at double speed (controls in top right corner) then the background foliage towards the end of the film moves in an unrealistic way. Even at 1.25x normal the foliage looks over-animated.Lonsdaler wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:40 am It is a stunning railway in every respect. I think the realism has been enhanced by playing/recording at about half speed.
Rik
Phil
Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds
My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077
Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds
My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077
- SimonWood
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 813
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm
- Location: West Wales
- Contact:
Re: Wow!!
My expectations of how a steam loco runs have been recalibrated by seeing a couple of locos with slomos running recently. I'm about 95% certain there is a slomo in this Jack (co-incidentally one of the locos with a slomo I saw was a 7/8th Jack).Lonsdaler wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:51 am Interesting. I played it at 2x and thought it made it more 'realistic' in terms of how I would expect a 16mm steam loco to run;
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8018
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Wow!!
I posted a comment on YouTube about the slow running and if a Slomo was used and got this response from the original posterSimonWood wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:51 am My expectations of how a steam loco runs have been recalibrated by seeing a couple of locos with slomos running recently. I'm about 95% certain there is a slomo in this Jack (co-incidentally one of the locos with a slomo I saw was a 7/8th Jack).
RikThe video is shown at full speed and yes two Slomo devices were used: one between Jack's frames and the other in a coal wagon at the end of the train
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
