Living by the sea has it's downsides...

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Living by the sea has it's downsides...

Post by mhlr » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 pm

...because everything rusts like mad! That's why I decided to have a weathering session with my skips. I have 3 more in the pipeline, but this is how far I got.

Image

Image

So that was this afternoon's work, so what did I do, or MAKE yesterday afternoon? Well, I made this from scratch (bar the IP hudson chassis) to go with the skips...

Image

Image


Still need to tone down the planking though!
Image

MDLR

Re: Living by the sea has it's downsides...

Post by MDLR » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:01 am

mhlr wrote:Still need to tone down the planking though!
A drop of "Coloron" wood stain from your local DIY shed should sort that out!

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:31 am

Very nice :lol:

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:15 am

That train looks very scruffy, well done. I do like the brake van, you just need a guard figure looking fed up with guarding the skip train in the rain again :lol:

MTA

Post by MTA » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:01 pm

laalratty wrote:That train looks very scruffy, well done. I do like the brake van, you just need a guard figure looking fed up with guarding the skip train in the rain again :lol:
Or fed up with the fact that the skip has a wonky axle...

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 pm

The brakevan is nice, I think the tail lamp perhaps makes the train overly Safe though :lol: ;) .

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:12 am

SillyBilly wrote:Safe though
Safe?? It blew over in the wind and smashed to pieces last time I was down!!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:00 am

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:
Safe though

Safe?? It blew over in the wind and smashed to piecses last time I was down!!
Mr B, you really need to learn how to use quotes, the idea is to type outside of the quoted section! :lol: :lol: ;)
Image

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:53 pm

mhlr wrote:
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:
Safe though

Safe?? It blew over in the wind and smashed to piecses last time I was down!!
Mr B, you really need to learn how to use quotes, the idea is to type outside of the quoted section!  :lol:  :lol:   ;)
Fixed (only taken me 1 1/2 years to learn this HTML writing lark) :lol:

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:58 am

I'm sorry

Code: Select all

[list][list=]
I really can't get the hang of them mabey one day!
Its just I put the 'quote' code bit in then the quote and havn't the foggiest how to finish it off. It seems to put the last quote bit in at the end what ever I do![/list][/list]
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:16 am

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:I'm sorry

Code: Select all

[list][list=]
I really can't get the hang of them mabey one day!
Its just I put the 'quote' code bit in then the quote and havn't the foggiest how to finish it off. It seems to put the last quote bit in at the end what ever I do![/list][/list]
Do you click on this little button
Image

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Hancockshire wrote:[Do you click on this little button?
Image
................... and edit out all the bits you don't actually want to quote??

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests