Shannon creek timber mill tramway
-
Steaminnthnsw
Re: Shannon creek timber mill tramway
Another shot out in the garden. I like my rolling stock to look well used 
- Attachments
-
- 85435A22-BD12-4297-9983-777640CAA869.jpeg (255.18 KiB) Viewed 7097 times
- philipy
- Moderator

- Posts: 6058
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: South Northants
Re: Shannon creek timber mill tramway
Very nice. I like the weathering on the vans, especially the one next to the flat wagon.
Philip
-
Steaminnthnsw
Re: Shannon creek timber mill tramway
Thank you, it’s actually my first attempt at weathering . I found it very easy to over do it.
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8006
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Shannon creek timber mill tramway
I too like the look of weathered rolling stock, and your wagons look spot on to my mind. I do like a mixed goods train.
Rik
Rik
- tom_tom_go
- Driver

- Posts: 4824
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Shannon creek timber mill tramway
Looks good to me.
Have you used oil paints on the rolling stock for weathering or a wash of some type?
Have you used oil paints on the rolling stock for weathering or a wash of some type?
-
Steaminnthnsw
Re: Shannon creek timber mill tramway
Not sure if this is how it should be done , but basically I gave them a spray with red oxide primer from the hardware store, then made a couple of washes , comprising of humbrol model paints and thinners. Had to be careful as the thinners made the red odixde bubble if you get too carried away. One was a black wash and other was a earthy brown colour. I then gave them a good coat of tamiya Matt clear to finish it off
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests