WDLR Rolling Stock

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Post Reply
WDLR

WDLR Rolling Stock

Post by WDLR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:51 pm

I am aware of the following currently available SM32 rolling stock for the WDLR of WW1.

Swiftsixteen

Class D bogie wagon
Class H bogie wagon
Workshop train generator van
Workshop train machinery van
Workshop train tool van
Workshop train officers van

Slaters Plastikard

Class A wagon
Class D bogie wagon
Class K skip wagon

Shapeways

Class A wagon (4 different types)
Class B wagon
Class C bogie wagon
Class D bogie wagon
Class D Ambulance van
Class E well wagon
Class F well flat wagon
Class H bogie wagon

Does anyone know of any other kits currently available in SM32?

David
(Edited to correct information about Class A wagons)
Last edited by WDLR on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:39 pm

I can't think of any more. Andel produced a D class but I don't think they do any more. Hudson skips were made by brandbright but again they have finished. Binnie tippers could be used instead.

andymctractor

Post by andymctractor » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:46 am

Wrightscale prove some WW1 rolling stock items.


http://wrightscale.co.uk/accessories.html#/

WDLR

Post by WDLR » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:16 pm

andymctractor:120085 wrote:Wrightscale prove some WW1 rolling stock items.


http://wrightscale.co.uk/accessories.html#/
Thanks, I didn't know the French Pechot vehicles were available. :)

David

andymctractor

Post by andymctractor » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:54 pm

I used the pechot crane and a couple of pechot bogies to construct this post war crane on my Crowfoot Light Railway.
These kits aren't simple to put together and deserve a bit of extra effort.  I built the crane to be poseable rather than fully working.  This allowed me to build it to withstand a little garden railway type abuse.  I also used brass Brandbright safety chains rather than the cast white metal ones in the kits.  Don't know if anyone makes a suitable safety chain now Brandbright isn't around. The safety chains are a little long on this model but when I can be bothered they do actually hook up and need to be a bit long to get round my curves.
Image

Also in my post I meant to say 'provides' rather than 'prove.'

Jon Taylor

WDLR rolling stock

Post by Jon Taylor » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:51 pm

IP Engineering have recently started stocking waterslide transfers for WDLR stock.
Whether this reflects future intentions remains to be seen.

Jon Taylor

User avatar
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: Gloucester

Post by JMORG » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:52 am

Personally I hope IP don't do W^D kits, we have lots of choice already! They should do some FR waggons and maybe the bowsiders...

User avatar
ruby
Cleaner
Cleaner
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm
Location: Russia Moscow
Contact:

Post by ruby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Hello colleagues! I bought the IP transfers for WD wagons E class. But I did not find in the Internet the location of letters and numbers. Photos of these wagons a lot, but the inscriptions can not be read. Here's what happened.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests