September Model of the Month.........
-
MDLR
September Model of the Month.........
If you weren't aware, you might like to take a look at this............. http://www.16mm.org.uk/newsite/motm/mom2015-09.html
-
Enginehouse
Re: September Model of the Month.........
These laser cut cheap and cheerful jigsaw puzzle kits are so much nicer when finished correctly without the tongues and slots showing through anywhere. Just lately I have been playing with some HGLW kits by completely papering them before final detailing and painting. Not my idea incidentally, but as a result of a local group member kindly demonstrating the skill and technique (he used to be a decorator). The slots, the badly formed ends and any surface damage quickly disappears. In the long run it saves no end of effort trying to get the compressed rubbish that these kits are made of to look anything like an original timbered wagon or metal bodied loco. I have several small loco's built from these kits, the latest being a centre cab currently being papered with lining paper (index cards) and then completed with the coloured paper of choice before sealing and waterproofing. I will put them up on the web when finished.MDLR:113170 wrote:If you weren't aware, you might like to take a look at this............. http://www.16mm.org.uk/newsite/motm/mom2015-09.html
- Peter Butler
- Driver

- Posts: 5717
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
- Location: West Wales
I'm glad you have found a method which suits you, although it sounds complex and fraught with the potential of going badly wrong!
It would be interesting to see the results and I look forward to seeing your pictures of anything done in this way.
Just as a mater of interest... have you ever tried using Plasticard?
It would be interesting to see the results and I look forward to seeing your pictures of anything done in this way.
Just as a mater of interest... have you ever tried using Plasticard?
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?
-
Enginehouse
Plasticard yes! I am actually a very well experienced boat builder, over about 25 years, both in timber and plasticard and currently have two scratch built diesel loco's built with a mixture of Plasticard and steel. Not from kits I hasten to add. Currently working on both Penrhyn saloon's the ancient and the more modern, but in 7/8 scale on 45mm gauge and moaning about the cost of entry to Penrhyn Caste Musem complete with camera sometime next week ;O))Peter Butler:113188 wrote:I'm glad you have found a method which suits you, although it sounds complex and fraught with the potential of going badly wrong!
It would be interesting to see the results and I look forward to seeing your pictures of anything done in this way.
Just as a mater of interest... have you ever tried using Plasticard?
- Peter Butler
- Driver

- Posts: 5717
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
- Location: West Wales
-
MDLR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests
