Page 1 of 1
Janet, Mamod Mk111 or Telford.
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:57 am
by Boustrophedon
OK I have a little money to spend, which of these works best and which is the best value for money?
Or do I save up and buy a Ragleth?
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:46 am
by mikewakefielduk@btinterne
Personally what I want from my locos is controllability, slow running capability, power and the option of fitting radio control. I also much prefer internal gas firing to pot boilers.
So I'd go for the Ragleth every time (there's one on ebay at the moment - no connection to me) or, if money is a bit tight, a second-hand Bertie.
If you like oscillators but don't want them to race away, consider a second-hand Regner which would be be about the same price.
Having said that, one of my favourite locos is the Brunel because its so totally reliable and easy to use.
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
by Boustrophedon
Ooh! Thanks for that!
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:29 pm
by Boustrophedon
And bought.
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:56 pm
by Joe
yeah would have said save up for ragleth, bertie or millie (the millie on a facebook group looks very very nice! all very good locos but good for different things, millie or bertie for trundling along with nice ffestiniog/tallylyn style stock for long run times
Ragelth for taking larger welshpool and lanfair style stock around your garden (also they can more easily be fitted with whistles and even coal fireing!)
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:18 pm
by mikewakefielduk@btinterne
Congratulations, you won't regret owing a Ragleth.