Page 1 of 1

Vehicles and scenery buildings and materials

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:48 pm
by coaltipper
Hi I am very new to railways so please bear with me.

I will be starting a small indoor railway soon
I have an I p engineering jane. Saving hard for a Roundhouse Katie or Lady Anne.

I have been looking at I p engineering coaches which seem quire good value.
I am using mamod track.

I would like to know what size vehicles to use, I would like to use 1920 to 1950 for an example.

Also are there card type kits available like you see for smaller gauges.

Any information would be eagerly received.
Thanks.
Image
Image

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:12 pm
by Big Jim
That's a nice looking Jane you have there.
The only card kits I can think of are the ones done by Roy at Rail-road models. These are for locos and coaches though.

card kits

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:19 pm
by coaltipper
Thanks very much I will have a go and find them.

Thanks for the comments regarding Jane. I like her too, I added a few bits to her but other than that I do not think it had had much use before.

Regards,
Jeff.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:20 pm
by jim@NAL
buildings can be made very cheap and easily .get one of peter jones very good books

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:21 pm
by jim@NAL

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:23 pm
by jim@NAL

Peter jones book

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:09 pm
by coaltipper
jim@NAL:109903 wrote:buildings can be made very cheap and easily .get one of peter jones very good books
Great advice thanks, I managed to find one on Ebay earlier and bought it.

cottages

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:11 pm
by coaltipper
Crikey, I am really impressed with your models.
Cant wait for the book to arrive.

Many Many Thanks.

Jeff.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 pm
by coaltipper
Very impressed .

Just need to find out which scale vehicles to use.

Thanks again.

Jeff.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:59 pm
by Big Al
1/18 0r 1/19 scale seems about right for road vehicles.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 pm
by coaltipper
Thank you very much.

Jeff