ip simplex caravan
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:01 am
I'm just about to finish building a ip engineering caravan. Can anyone tell me what they would use to lubricate the axles and gears please? Cheers
An international forum for garden railway modellers in all scales and gauges. It is free to join and is funded through voluntary contributions by its members. Many thanks to all those who keep it going.
http://gardenrails.org/forum/
Yes please. I'm just working on an IP Engineering plate frame Simplex and so would be interested in how the two compare (and how you found the construction).Roberts wood light railwa:109098 wrote:Cheers for that.
Yes if anyone is interested. It's almost done, I've got the roof to paint and a few other bits and it'll be done. Hopefully tomorrow night so if anyone wants pictures they'll be Sunday. I must say it is my first attempt at white metal and epoxy resin bit I'm very happy with it.
Only got as far as making the chassis so far. It's the first time I've used low-melt solder (only used epoxy before) so I'm feeling my way a bit. I've got three projects on the go at the moment so it's on the back-burner while I finish off one of the others. I'll post a few pictures when I take it up again.Roberts wood light railwa:109104 wrote:Very nice. Construction hasn't been to bad, once I got to grips with the glue I was well away and made quick progress. No real problems with casting just the usual flash. I wasn't supplied enough axles for the chassis though (missing the transfer shaft) luckily I had one in stock. There isn't much space for a battery box but that's expected.
How's it Been for you?
I've used Labelle lubricants on models for many years, 108 medium oil for bearings and 106 grease with PTFE for gears. Both are safe with plastics (and paint).....Roberts wood light railwa:109090 wrote:Can anyone tell me what they would use to lubricate the axles and gears please?
Ditto. I've been wondering what to use on plastic gearsRoberts wood light railwa:109130 wrote:Cheers for that graeme