Page 1 of 1

It's just Cricket

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 pm
by bazzer42
Image
Image
Image

The forum seems quiet so I've added a few photos of this weekend's project. This turquoise Cricket was won on ebay in the spring. Apart from the odd choice of colour (see cab interior) the 27 mhz r/c didn't function at all well.
First up was a planet receiver that now links into my roundhouse Lady Anne controller and then a repaint into house colours. I still need to add glazing and work up the courage to add rear chevrons.
The newly laid platform is still drying and I anticipate westie footprints in the concrete before nightfall :? I have some photos to start a layout thread but just need time to start it.

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm
by Andrew
I've always liked the "sad droopy doggy eye" windows on Crickets, like some early BR diesels...

The platform looks great, looking forward to the layout thread...

Andrew.

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm
by bazzer42
Have to agree Andrew on the eyes, I thought that there was a touch of North British diesel about it and part of its appeal.

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:59 pm
by steamie1
Is it Aristoaft track? Line looks great as does the loco.

Only an idea but yellow buffer beams wasp stripped as well would give it a better continuity. At the back the strips could be as one into the buffer. Who agrees? (might liven the thread up)

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:12 pm
by bazzer42
Buffer beam stripes? Now you're scaring me but I can see what you mean.... They look good on Little John.

Track is aristo to and from the lgb point, leading to a spiral of tenmille, piko points and a tenmille terminus with aristo points. Mix and match me!

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:59 pm
by Peter Butler
Very neat and tidy job on the rebuild and paint job!
Is there a 'before' photograph to compare with?

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:47 am
by MANICK
Looks really good. :D

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 pm
by bazzer42
Peter Butler:102868 wrote:Very neat and tidy job on the rebuild and paint job!
Is there a 'before' photograph to compare with?
Sorry Peter no photographic evidence of the turquoise terror. The buffer beams were red but the rest was a shade of turquoise that left me questioning the owners vision, colour blind??? If the owner is reading this please accept my apologies but why?? That said it has been put together well, performs nicely and has given me my first foray into radio control.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:36 pm
by Big Jim
Nice job.
regarding funny colours, I am a bit colour blind and have particular problems when viewing things under light from florescent tubes (especially old ones) on more than one occasion I have painted stuff in very strange colours thinking I was going for a nice normal colour.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:17 pm
by bazzer42
I can really sympathise, I worked with a young lad who commented in the office about an incident in the police station next to the brown car which was actually blue to the rest of us. Too easy to take for granted what we have and not appreciate what others don't have. Hope I didn't offend with this rather thoughtless comment.

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:23 am
by IrishPeter
Take the footprint as a compliment. If it was at this house one of the three resident Westies would feel it necessary to set its imprimatur on the new platform with a 'steaming pile.'

Peter in AZ

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:42 am
by bazzer42
The forum needs a "like" button! Hamish, of Hamish and Archie fame, did once leave me a buffer stop that he made all by himself :D