Elsecar model steam show 28th & 29th September 2013

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
ace
Fireman
Fireman

Elsecar model steam show 28th & 29th September 2013

Post by ace » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi guys, I just thought I'd get a thread going to document the photos and videos that are due to come. I myself had a great time and met some brilliant people. I will of coarse post up the photos of the day a little later, there is only so much that can be done on a phone.

It was great to meet Pauly, LNER fan Sam, Doug rail and Silver Warrior (from Mamod forums). I must apologise as I was not my normal self I am just getting over a cold and my ears are still a little blocked, kinda makes me feel a little disorientated, and a little tired for driving the best part of 300 miles to get there.

I was lucky enough to run Chevalier and Suffolk Punch. Their first times running on club rails and my first time showing any model train!

So, thank you all for a nice time, and I hope to see you all again soon. :)

Pictures and videos to follow. Please feel free to post your pictures and videos here. ;)

Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Steven.T » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Was a good show yet again, didn't seem to be as fumy in there as last few years, I've come out feeling light headed previous at shows!

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm

It were a very good show! I came home with this little beauty!

To say I'm happy with it is an understatement :D
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

Lner fan Sam
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Lner fan Sam » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Loved both days of running at the show, was great to meet old freinds again. :D
my first live steam engine build thread:
http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about6685.html

Sam Wake

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Being my first ever model steam show I was quite taken back by it all. I was expecting a lot more bodies about the place, but it was nice to be able to move.

Lawrence, is that a roundhouse Argyll/Atlantic? She is a beauty. :) I really want one of them.

It was nice to meet you Sam, we had a bit of a steam up on Tony Birds line. Was good fun.

Resurgam05
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Resurgam05 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm

An excellent show as always.

It was great to see such a wide variety of trade support and so many helpful and exhibitors.

Looks like you have done well Laurence.
Best Wishes

David Williams

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Right, uploaded photos.

Paulys 'Daniel'

Daniel borrowing Chevaliers scrappy wagons for a nice run.

Suffolk Punch and Daniel

Douglas' Swordbreaker

Chevalier, My first SL1, Suffolk Punch and Warrior

Suffolk Punch getting ready for the off, first time on club rails. Rolling stock lent to me from another club member, thank you!

The group Mamod/Mss takeover!

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:49 pm

It was indeed a great show, was good to meet a couple of members that I've not seen since the last Stoneleigh 16mm AGM. Got a lot of small items that one tends to get at shows, and ran my Superior "Owain" as part of an epic triple header on Mount Dowd.

Mods note, I've moved the topic to the Photos Board, as it will contain a lot (hopefully) of photos
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:56 pm

The day went too quickly does when yer having fun I guess!

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm

ace:89880 wrote:Being my first ever model steam show I was quite taken back by it all. I was expecting a lot more bodies about the place, but it was nice to be able to move.

Lawrence, is that a roundhouse Argyll/Atlantic? She is a beauty. :) I really want one of them.

It was nice to meet you Sam, we had a bit of a steam up on Tony Birds line. Was good fun.
Its an Accucraft Superior dressed up like the full size one was in its Bowaters days :) I did see your Merlin running around... Was very nice!
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm

laurence703:89895 wrote:Its an Accucraft Superior dressed up like the full size one was in its Bowaters days :) I did see your Merlin running around... Was very nice!
Is it really? Either way that is a nice model. The Merlin is Paulys, and yes it is a fantastic model. I am really impressed with it! Beauty is one thing that model has. ;)

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:40 pm

I went on the Saturday, it was good to bump into a couple of members, although it seems Sunday was the forum day at the show!
The Harrogate gas works' Peckett's big sister brewing before the show opened.
A hitch-hiker!
2 Engine lines, 4 locos each, 3 live steam 1 electric, each tailed by a blue 0-6-0, weird
Two tin turtles
Some panning
Opposite ends of the oscillating scale
You've got to have a laugh in this grand hobby!

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks guys, it was a pleasure to be part of a gathering with so many familiar locomotives.

Back at the hotel, chilaxing. :)

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 am

I think Ace is too modest to do as much boasting as he deserves to about that beautiful tram engine he calls "Suffolk Punch". For those who haven't seen it before, it's a Roundhouse Lady Anne with scratch-built body, plus a home-made smokebox and other interior details to make it tram-like on the inside as well as the outside! He's even made a working condenser of sorts that collects the steam from the safety valve! The skirts lift to reveal the valve gear and Ace made all the little steps and skirts and well, basically everything himself other than the boiler and running chassis.

It really is a great example of what you can do with the Roundhouse "kit" engines, as well as an example of what a guy with some tinsnips, basic tools and a picture in his head can make at home.

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:23 am

Keith, thank you. You are too kind! You have forgotten that you inspired and egged me on with it too. ;)

Anyway aside from tin snips you forgot to mention glue and wood. :lol:

If you look on the video section you can see a video that Pauly made of the tram running. I was so pleased to get a nice almost trouble free run with it, first time out also!

See here: http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about7777.html

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Ok, at last the video. Not one of my better ones, but it gets the point across. :)

I cannot seem to be able to embed the video, it doesn't give me the option for the old embed code for this video for some reason?

http://youtu.be/S4Ft1LnJmQc

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:51 pm

ace:90008 wrote:Ok, at last the video. Not one of my better ones, but it gets the point across. :)

I cannot seem to be able to embed the video, it doesn't give me the option for the old embed code for this video for some reason?

http://youtu.be/S4Ft1LnJmQc
Iv had the same problem, the old embed code option seems to appear randomly so I havent been able to post my video of SP runnin on my line
A steam propelled life-style.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 pm

If you click on "SHARE" in Youtube, you can get the embed code..............
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:57 pm

MDLR:90011 wrote:If you click on "SHARE" in Youtube, you can get the embed code..............
Yes, but only on this video of mine it does not give me the option for the 'old embed code'

puzzled :?

ace
Fireman
Fireman

Post by ace » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:03 am

Ok, I found a third party code generator. Got it now. :)

<object width= "800" height="600"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S4Ft1LnJmQc"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S4Ft1LnJmQc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="800" height="600" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>
Last edited by ace on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.