Dream Garratt

Post by steamyjim » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Been doing this on paint. Its sort of my dream Garratt

What do you think?

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Nice drawing, sadly that running gear wouldn't work, looks a little like one I saw in the SMT recently, made from and Edrig.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:44 pm

I know the running gear wont work, its all to close. But by the time id thought about it i couldnt be bothered to change it :lol:

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:37 pm

how the hell can you do that in paint!

loks good btw

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:36 pm

how the hell can you do that in paint!

loks good btw
It took me a while :lol:

Thanks ;)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Get a Locobox... I love Garratts, I'd like one on the MHLR! But then again, I havent enough stock for it to haul!!!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:01 pm

But then look at the K1's hauling powers, limited to 5 carrs!

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 pm

yeah!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:51 pm

Though there is a slight price matter :lol: !

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:14 pm

well yeah!!! I meant if price was not a problem. Well, if so, I'd go for the Accucraft one!!!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:26 pm

I'd probably go for a LocoBox K1, if I could see it first, mainly because it'd be the best suited for my railway.

garratt100
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by garratt100 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:39 pm

mhlr wrote:Get a Locobox... I love Garratts, I'd like one on the MHLR! But then again, I havent enough stock for it to haul!!!
No, no, no - don't get a Locobox garratt, talk to Peter Angus - you'll get a loco that is much more individual, will work as it should do & most importantly, you'll get customer support - something you'll be hard pressed to find from Locobox!!

Running the 16mm Garratt Owners & Operators Association, we have had no end of complaints & problems with Locobox garratts - don't say you were never warned!!

Chris

andypt677
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by andypt677 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:52 pm

well done

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Maesffordd-paul
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Maesffordd-paul » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:47 pm

No, no, no - don't get a Locobox garratt, talk to Peter Angus - you'll get a loco that is much more individual, will work as it should do & most importantly, you'll get customer support - something you'll be hard pressed to find from Locobox!!

Running the 16mm Garratt Owners & Operators Association, we have had no end of complaints & problems with Locobox garratts - don't say you were never warned!!

Chris[/quote]

Well that's odd! I know several Locobox owners that are more than pleased with their locomotives.
It does annoy me when people are too quick to criticise and make slanderous comments about a product merely on hearsay from a few disgruntled customers. As with any product (including the likes of Accucraft, Roundhouse etc etc) you will get the odd "Dud" one now and again, and most manufacturers (Locobox included) are more than willing to rectify any manufacturing fault free of charge.
From what I have seen of these locomotives, they are quite good value for money. And you won't have to wait two to three years for it to be built!

Paul.S
was the guard with us when we left?

garratt100
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by garratt100 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:02 pm

Well that's odd! I know several Locobox owners that are more than pleased with their locomotives.
It does annoy me when people are too quick to criticise and make slanderous comments about a product merely on hearsay from a few disgruntled customers. As with any product (including the likes of Accucraft, Roundhouse etc etc) you will get the odd "Dud" one now and again, and most manufacturers (Locobox included) are more than willing to rectify any manufacturing fault free of charge.
From what I have seen of these locomotives, they are quite good value for money. And you won't have to wait two to three years for it to be built!

Paul.S

I'm sure you do know several satisfied owners Paul, but i can assure you that i know many others who are dissatisfied!

I agree entirely with your views about those who criticise on hearsay - it's just not a wise thing to do.
I'm happy to inform you though that my words were not based on 'hearsay', but on 'real actual happenings'.

Again, i'll agree that you'll get the odd 'dud' from any manufacture & most companies will get it sorted for you.

I have owned a Locobox Garratt myself & sadly was a disaster from start to finish - it ended up being sold on. The loco itself wasn't bad (as i'm sure you'll remember me saying in the article i wrote about it for SMT), but the customer service was dire!

Your statement 'from what i have seen of these locomotives' leads me to believe that you don't have one yourself, so before you start questioning one of my posts in future, please ensure that you have all your facts in order!

As i run the 16mmGO&OA, please don't try to tell me that i'm acting just on hearsay when it comes to Garratts in our scale!

Should you wish any more information on the subject, please don't hesitate to contact me...

Chris.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:05 pm

ooooh dear, your both confusing me now!!!! lol

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:47 pm

im always confused so dont worry MHLR ;)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:55 pm

haha, some people tell you one thing, then others tell you the opposite!
I think the Locobox is well priced, so... I'd have to go for that if I had the money... unless the one garratt100 was on about is cheap too. But I doubt I will ever have enough...

Maesffordd-paul
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Maesffordd-paul » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:19 pm

The Peter Angus model will be dearer than the locobox and you'll probably have to wait a year or two for it to be built, I believe he has quite a full order book these days. Don't get me wrong, his models are superb but in the end I suppose the choice depends on how big your cheque book is and how long you want to wait for the finished article. Not all of us can afford the luxury of custom built locomotives unfortunately.

Paul.S
was the guard with us when we left?