MHLRfest 2008!!!

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

MHLRfest 2008!!!

Post by mhlr » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:04 pm

soz PTLR, i nicked your 'fest' idea ;) haha.

Well today was my first open day! Plenty of engines and people came, so heres a video I made.

1 warning, be prepared for what follows... :!:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WBfFSVSlzL4

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:43 pm

loved it and you must give me some more details on that mamod conversion ;)
A steam propelled life-style.

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:51 pm

I was just watching another of your vids and noticed that before the red bridge there is a nasty looking drop on the outside of a sharp curve :shock:

hope you dont have any crashes on that part :shock:

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:52 pm

pauly wrote:loved it and you must give me some more details on that mamod conversion ;)
I think Jim can ;) That's his area! All I know is that its called a 'Patrina' and was made as a kit you could buy to convert your Mamod to a loco, it came with all the bits, including a boiler extension (which isn't fitted on this). I wouldn't reckomend it, not very good hauler (only managed the flat area of my line!), and comes off easy as it's top heavy.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:54 pm

pauly wrote:I was just watching another of your vids and noticed that before the red bridge there is a nasty looking drop on the outside of a sharp curve :shock:

hope you dont have any crashes on that part :shock:
Nope, nothing has fallen off... it's a fairly smooth curve. Im going to add a fence around it at some stage though, just for safeties sake.

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:00 pm

and is that a road or path at the bottom :shock:

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:10 pm

pauly wrote:and is that a road or path at the bottom :shock:
private road leading to Roger Tailors house :? :lol:

bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: MHLRfest 2008!!!

Post by bungle80a » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:38 pm

mhlr wrote:soz PTLR, i nicked your 'fest' idea ;) haha.
I'm sorry, but the suffix -fest when used in a Garden Railway context has been copyrighted to the PTLR and if you wish to use it we require royalties. We shall expect a cheque for a few million in the post this week or expect to hear fom our lawyers!!! LOL!!!

On a serious note, a nice video, and it looks like a good time was had! I especially like the music! I have been planning to use it myself on a vid, but havent had a good opportunity yet!

In general I'm not to keen on the Bertie. Looks too basic, yet seeing your new acquisition in this vid has altered my thinking. Looks rather nice!
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:48 pm

It is very basic as it is. But when you add the upgrades like this one has, top up n water gauge, brass dome n chimney cap, and other bits of detail it makes a lovely engine! I'm still getting to grips with the gas regulator, but other than that, its great to run!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:51 pm

Great stuff Pete. The Cackler doesn't like those tight radius' does it!

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:04 am

SillyBilly wrote:Great stuff Pete. The Cackler doesn't like those tight radius' does it!
Always happens infront of the camera! It was the big locos that it did make derail. Track work time!!!... The merlin went round ok though, as its fairly slack!

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 am

Brilliant video Pete...one of my favourite songs aswell :lol:

Pauly, the Mamod conversion. Its made by a company called Pretina Foundry. You can buy a complete one or just a chassis kit to fit your own engine to.

There are 2 versions, 1 has a boiler extension (fake) and one uses the standard boiler. I shall find out my catalouge and PM you details to contact him if you wish.

I'm rather tempted by one myself as a works shunter on the WLR to be honest but i think i'll have a go myself first :lol:

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 am

Great video Pete :D

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 pm

steamyjim wrote:Brilliant video Pete...one of my favourite songs aswell :lol:

Pauly, the Mamod conversion. Its made by a company called Pretina Foundry. You can buy a complete one or just a chassis kit to fit your own engine to.

There are 2 versions, 1 has a boiler extension (fake) and one uses the standard boiler. I shall find out my catalouge and PM you details to contact him if you wish.
I'm rather tempted by one myself as a works shunter on the WLR to be honest but i think i'll have a go myself first :lol:
yes please 8)

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

I've heard that name somewhere before but cant quite remember where :?

grumpfuttock
Fireman
Fireman

Post by grumpfuttock » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Nice line you have there,Sir Pete ! I really enjoyed that video  :) Congratulations with the new addition, nice choice, I much prefer the looks of Bertie in comparison to Millie.
John.

"I am not an armchair modeller, I have a garden railway, so I am a deckchair modeller."

http://www.tumblydowncottage.dk

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:21 pm

got them contact details yet?