It's Sunday evening again, so it's time for.....

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

It's Sunday evening again, so it's time for.....

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:09 pm

.....the Butterley Report! :D

My trip there was of a slightly different nature, as instead of catching up on sleep on the 158 there, I ended up hanging out of this.....

....due to the normal train running just in front of the HST to London, when it was running late I just couldn't resist!

anyhow, over at Butterley today, Britomart begun to have flashbacks to this time last year with the ice....

.....and Snowdon was in steam first for once, as I managed to forget the burner for Britomart in York :roll:

and the low winter sun highlighted the steam plumes well!

Narrow Minded brought Lady of Sherwood along for a good blitz at the meths!

Sir Haydn brought out his Sir Haydn

Also around was this lovely ELR engineering coal fired Billy, which sadly didn't like having a fire in it today!

Dolgoch also made an appearance today!

and a fire was eventually lit in Britomart, seen here trundling around with rather low pressure due to the lack of heat from Narrow Minded's Meths Burner

and the MDLR made himself known by asking if a Fire Extinguisher was needed while Britomart was running around....

who himself had brought Lady Sybil and Sir Dominic

and that's it from me today, and over to whoever else got any photo's today! :D

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Nice pics James, looks like a good day for running trains, I should have bullied some hapless NWAG member into having one :lol:
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:48 pm

It's actually Sir Samuel, but I'm not arguing.............
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:54 pm

:oops: Sorry!

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:57 pm

I particularly like the pics of Sir Haydn :) In fact, I felt this one was so good that it really deserved a proper background. This is only a very quick job, and not very good since I just couldn't find a suitable landscape with matching lighting conditions in my own collection. Nevertheless, I hope it gives an idea of what could be achieved:
(Incidentally, that's a genuine TR background - those trees are on the Nant Gwernol extension, though I have "mirrored" them in Paintshop.)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Nice ones James :D ...........
Here's some moving pictures ;)

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nLBuI7cYo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nLBuI7cYo?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Liked the video - LOVED the music!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:13 am

Nice video Greg. For some reason I feel inclined to lure a 3 masted schooner onto the rocks & plunder it's cargo of whisky. Then sit in a small stone cottage drinking said whisky before fighting someone who has dissed my dog. Oh the power of music. LOL :D
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 am

I feel inclined to lure a 3 masted schooner onto the rocks & plunder it's cargo of whisky. Then sit in a small stone cottage drinking said whisky before fighting someone who has dissed my dog.
By a strange quirk of coincidence - that's exactly the mood I was in while searching for 5min 14secs worth of soundtrack to cover the assorted extraneous noises and slanderous comments recorded during the filming ;)

See you wednesday?

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:28 am

Don't know yet, this week is very fluid with builders in & MOT stuff. Hence I have not managed a reply to your PM.. You could always bring some stuff down for a winter season steam up..
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 am

Tempting ~ I'll await a resonse from the mission co-pilot :D

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 am

Well if you don't it will be railbus only action on the line.. :twisted:

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:49 am

Pendo Pilot:64850 wrote:Well if you don't it will be railbus only action on the line..  :twisted:
That's just blackmail ;) (can I say blackmail??)

I know we've bungled Jame's thread, but to get slightly back on topic - there's going to be a fairly high turnout of Forumites descending on Butterley this coming sunday (22nd Jan)....... any more potential visitors????? :hiding:

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am

Hmmmm butterley & a chance to wave my GWR flag. May be on for that, Will consult wife & get my instructions for that week..

invicta280
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by invicta280 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:12 am

Thankyou Narrow Minded. Your soundtrack reminded me to phone up
for tickets to see Bellowhead at Canterbury next month. With one thing and another i'd completely forgotten :D

TommyDodd
Fireman
Fireman

Post by TommyDodd » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Narrow Minded:64852 wrote:I know we've bungled Jame's thread, but to get slightly back on topic - there's going to be a fairly high turnout of Forumites descending on Butterley this coming sunday (22nd Jan)....... any more potential visitors????? :hiding:
Hmmm. Long weekend off (though WRD M&T) so maybe, if I can persuade PeachBottom... Will have to crawl into the workshop and see what can be coaxed into life.
Well, now we know the buffer-stops work! (Heard at 2013 "Longest Day" solstice steamup)

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:58 pm

I'll summon up the energy to turn out.......... but then I AM probably the nearest Forum member (in a straight line..............
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm

MDLR:64868 wrote:I'll summon up the energy to turn out.......... but then I AM probably the nearest Forum member (in a straight line..............
I think Tony beats you. He can fall out of bed and be there

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Narrow Minded:64852 wrote:I know we've bungled Jame's thread, but to get slightly back on topic - there's going to be a fairly high turnout of Forumites descending on Butterley this coming sunday (22nd Jan)....... any more potential visitors????? :hiding:
Would love to, but Sundays are pretty tricky for us. (I'm speaking twice this Sunday.) Is there ever a forum turnout at Butterley on Saturdays?
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

maxnod
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by maxnod » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 am

Sir haydn:64869 wrote:
MDLR:64868 wrote:I'll summon up the energy to turn out.......... but then I AM probably the nearest Forum member (in a straight line..............
I think Tony beats you. He can fall out of bed and be there

I could only be closer if I lived in the club-house! :smilebox:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak.