Page 1 of 1

Christmas in Silverdale

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:45 pm
by laalratty
Today, SLRmidge invited some NWAG members for an attempt at mass frostbite *cough* sorry a steamup on his Silverdale Light Railway North. The weather was perishingly cold, and the steam effects were pretty good!
Image
Lady Adele from the Little Morecambe steam railway takes the curve at the top of the circuit
Image
Urien at the same spot
Image
Hopefully not an attempt at Isle of Man style simultaneous departures
Image
Meanwhile, PTLRcecil brought along something thats not his! This is Stelfox from the Windy Ridge Railroad/Railway and it was on running in trials following a transplant of radio control gear
Image
Stelfox storms the bank
Image
Urien rolls off the Heversham bridge
Image
The afternoon ended with Stelfox and Urien on the usual monster double headed train.
Thanks to SLRmidge for a good afternoon, and all the festive food!

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:55 pm
by SLRmidge
It was fun :D I'm glad I had my thermals on though !

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am
by ptlrcecil
Softies :-) twas a good day.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:47 pm
by Keith S
Where I live, it won't be warm enough for green things (or gaseous butane) until next May. If I decide to take a nice warm vacation, I might come to visit your railway. It looks nice.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:56 pm
by LMS-Jools
Great Fun especially the Hot Sausage Rolls. :?

Luckily I escaped from being Kidnapped :shock: in time to scoff 6 of the little beggars ! :lol: :twisted:

Many thanks for an enjoyable but chilly afternoon. :D 8)