Page 1 of 1

YC&DMES 13th November

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:32 pm
by williamfj
This should be the last time I spam the photography section for a couple of months!
Although there is 1 more running day this year I'll be in Robin Hoods Bay then. For RHBR stuff see the dedicated thread in projects. A Finescale Peckett (how I wish I had one of those!) Lady Anne, Sandy River, Brandbright Cricket, Exelsior & a Caradoc & a pair of scratch built diesels were present, along with River Ankh. The weather didn't do this one any favours, dull & miserable all day, railhead conditions weren't great either, my 'genius' plan of having River Ankh propel the brake van to clear the water on the rails didn't really work, the van seemed to aquaplane over it leaving River Ankh to clear it!

Image

Image
This is my favourite photo from today, I thought about entering it in the photo comp, but there isn't enough colour really.
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
It wouldn't be a running day without a derailment!
Image
Image
Image

Next one is 22 January, Offler should be making her triumphant return at that one.
Having spammed 'photography' I'm off too spam 'projects' see you there!

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:50 pm
by Steven.T
Looks like I missed another good running day, with any luck I will be there in December :roll:

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:43 pm
by Johnnie2sheds
oooooh What is the GROWLER diesel? me like very much! :D

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:17 pm
by williamfj
'Growler' is a Brandbright Cricket, it's name came from a older drive mechanism which, well growled a lot! :lol: But it was almost silent, it's owner uses it as a bit of a test bed loco.