Page 1 of 1

Birch Light Railway open day

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:42 pm
by MTA
I, along with thecsmann, was invited along to a fellow Amberley volunteer's line today. He was holding a Wessex NG Modellers meeting, so Chris and I were there to run the trains.

Chris brought along his recent purchase the Finescale Hunslet. One of the prettiest locos you can get 8) He also brought his Roundhouse Blanche.

I brought 'Peaslake' with me, which was lugged along on a half hour train journey and a two mile walk (from the station to the pub, then to our host!)

Unfortunately halfway through the afternoon my camera packed up, so here's what I managed to take. Chris took some as well.

'Peaslake' resting in between duties.

Image

The hosts exquisite Wrightscale Baldwin tractor.

Image

Chris' Hunslet 'Winifred...

Image

...complete with a long rake of slate wagons.

Image

'What might have been'. The hosts 'Lyn' in the background with 'Peaslake' awaiting her next turn.

Image

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:44 am
by bessytractor
excellent pics Si, for a moment I thought you meant the "Birchley Light Railway" until I saw the pics, I know you play with the 10 1/4" stuff!

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:22 pm
by thecsmann
a good day ,will put some pic up tomrow

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 pm
by thecsmann
hi all
here are some pics
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:10 pm
by laalratty
Great pics both of you, some lovely locos there

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:58 pm
by Pendo Pilot
What a lovely collection of loco's, Peaslake looks superb indeed. Must say that baldwin tractor looks fabulous though. Nice photo's, thanks for sharing.