Away again!

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Away again!

Post by SillyBilly » Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 pm

Hello,
Am off to Guildford tomorrow returning on Wednesday evening, I shall be at Hollycombe for a couple of days then go round to Andy's house and play trains. Might be able to get on the intranet, may not.

Don't brake the forum :lol: ! See You Soon.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat May 24, 2008 12:09 am

Haha, hav fun Will - im at Bodmin & Wenford on Monday to display at the Cornish Mamod Group stand :D

Bring back some pics for us mate!

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Sat May 24, 2008 8:43 am

have a great time mate

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat May 24, 2008 9:30 am

Have fun will!!!

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Re: Away again!

Post by steamyjim » Sat May 24, 2008 9:31 am

SillyBilly wrote:Hello,
Am off to Guildford tomorrow returning on Wednesday evening, I shall be at Hollycombe for a couple of days then go round to Andy's house and play trains. Might be able to get on the intranet, may not.

Don't brake the forum :lol: ! See You Soon.
You can trust Graham and I with that!

But you cant trust me not to buy more Mamods while your gone :lol:

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat May 24, 2008 11:04 am

What you did not say is that it is the Railway Weekend at Hollycombe, with visitors including Palmerston.

I visited the Hollycombe Collection some years ago when I lived in Surrey, and it is a great visit. However there were some really tight curves on the narrow gauge line, and I think the small standard gauge line as well.

Have a good visit. Looking forward to seeing some photos of the visiting De Winton on the 7.25" line.

I'm hoping if I get all packed up in time for my return to Aberdeen, to visit the ARPG at Dunaskin. They will have a steam day on Sunday, with Brake van rides. Their loco, Barclay No.10 has been out of action for a few years awaiting boiler repairs, and I was passed out as Fireman & Driver on the Barclay, but due to my worldwide trips, etc. I've not been there for some time.

steamyjim How many Mamods due you now have? I currently have 14 old style Mamods (7 for collection purposes only, not to be steamed, some modified, and 1 of the 14 is the SL1K going to made-in-england), a William & a MSS saddle tank. And not one has the T piece regulator cut through the cab, although I've just acquired a Mike Chaney modified Mamod with a Radio Control regulator in cab.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat May 24, 2008 11:20 am

CCairns wrote:
steamyjim How many Mamods due you now have? I currently have 14 old style Mamods (7 for collection purposes only, not to be steamed, some modified, and 1 of the 14 is the SL1K going to made-in-england), a William & a MSS saddle tank. And not one has the T piece regulator cut through the cab, although I've just acquired a Mike Chaney modified Mamod with a Radio Control regulator in cab.
I have 3 at the moment. I was going to have 4 but the person who i was buying that from decided to pull out becasue he was offered £5 more even after we had a deal...IM VERY ANNOYED :evil: I'd quite like another SL1 :lol:

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat May 24, 2008 11:21 am

Thats a lie actually i have 2 Mamods and one MSS

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat May 24, 2008 11:39 am

In Scotland we have a thing called a Gentleman's Agreement. Thus a verbal agreement could be counted as a contract, and if I've offered something to someone and a price has been accepted, then it is a done deal. However if both parties decide to mutually pull out of the deal, then that is acceptable - but it must be both parties, not one sided.

I assume you are talking about the SL1 & wagons on the other Forum. Thus I can understand your annoyance.

Not got much time at present, but my latest Mamod purchase will prove very interesting - it is an SL1K which has been heavily modified with Mike Chaney parts, including his boiler, and has a radio control cab mounted regulator.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat May 24, 2008 1:11 pm

CCairns wrote:In Scotland we have a thing called a Gentleman's Agreement. Thus a verbal agreement could be counted as a contract, and if I've offered something to someone and a price has been accepted, then it is a done deal. However if both parties decide to mutually pull out of the deal, then that is acceptable - but it must be both parties, not one sided.

I assume you are talking about the SL1 & wagons on the other Forum. Thus I can understand your annoyance.

Not got much time at present, but my latest Mamod purchase will prove very interesting - it is an SL1K which has been heavily modified with Mike Chaney parts, including his boiler, and has a radio control cab mounted regulator.
Aye thats the one Chris :cry: I realy wanted a RS1.

That new SL1K sounds interesting Chris!!! You wont be selling your other one now will you :lol: I'm interested in the RC gear :D [/b]

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat May 24, 2008 2:07 pm

I'm not going for the railway weekend, only tomorrow and Monday, dad's driving Palmerston, and I'm going with him.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat May 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Ooops my mistake, wrong weekend.

I've got the 01st of June going around in my head for other reasons.
You wont be selling your other one now will you
In the future possibly, but it needs its boiler overhauled & repainted, and if you read my Topic about the reverser/regulator valve then this needs fixing or replacing as well. So not in the immediate future. The radio control is for a Mike Chaney regulator, which works differently to the IP Eng/PPS Steam regulators.

Will post a Topic on it at some point but sadly it has the loose wheel syndrome, so unable to test steam it at present.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat May 24, 2008 4:25 pm

CCairns wrote:Ooops my mistake, wrong weekend.

I've got the 01st of June going around in my head for other reasons.
You wont be selling your other one now will you
In the future possibly, but it needs its boiler overhauled & repainted, and if you read my Topic about the reverser/regulator valve then this needs fixing or replacing as well. So not in the immediate future. The radio control is for a Mike Chaney regulator, which works differently to the IP Eng/PPS Steam regulators.

Will post a Topic on it at some point but sadly it has the loose wheel syndrome, so unable to test steam it at present
I'm not worried about all that...could easily do all that in the workshop here :lol:

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by made-in-england » Sat May 24, 2008 6:52 pm

1st of june.. Industrial railway weekend at twyford water works ;)
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Sat May 24, 2008 11:27 pm

whats a Mike Chaney regulator look like ???

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sun May 25, 2008 7:07 pm

The Mike Chaney regulator was designed to use a steam pipe from the steam chest nut, fixed in the cab using the boiler back plate rivets or screws, and a 2nd steam pipe going forward to the regulator/reverser valve. Thus no cab body work requiring cutting.

Please excuse the poor photo, but my camera batteries are flat, cannot find any replacements, and I'm trying to get on the road to Aberdeen.
Tony Muir fitted one of these from Mamodman123 to his SL2, but the search facility on myfreeforums is very poor, so I've been unable to find it on the other Forum (may have been a victim of the recent deletions of postings).

When time & batteries permit, I'll post a topic on this Mike Chaney modified SL1K - sadly unable to steam at present as it has the loose wheel syndrome.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Sun May 25, 2008 8:14 pm

thanks for that Chris

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed May 28, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm back now, had fantastic time at Hollycombe, and had a great laugh with Andy, best holiday in the South ever.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed May 28, 2008 8:39 pm

welcome back mate we missed ya

if its the same andy we met from down south does he ever laugh ;)

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed May 28, 2008 8:45 pm

yep, he was always laughing :lol: :o .