IP Engineering Lucy

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

IP Engineering Lucy

Post by steamyjim » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Shall be starting my IP Engineering Lucy soon. Hopefully have it ready for the 20th April :D

Shall be painted all over black except for the odd detail bits (front of radiator etc)

I have the extra detailing back, brass handrails and a 4WD kit to add to it aswell.

Been reading the instructions over and over and sliding it all together to get a feel for how it goes together.

Pictures on Monday hopefully.

A IP Punch is soon to be ordered for my birthday aswell :D

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:48 pm

For anyones whose interested this is what a 'Lucy' looks like

http://www.ipengineering.co.uk/page18.html

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Honestly, I think I am going to make mine an open cab model, the more I look at that cab, the more I do not like it....too big and too "steam" looking.

I have my chassis together, working well. Hope to work on her some this weekend.
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:50 pm

The chassis is what i shall start on first. Aulthough thinking about it if i get everything painted and can get on with something else in the time im letting it set :lol:

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 pm

steamyjim wrote:The chassis is what i shall start on first. Aulthough thinking about it if i get everything painted and can get on with something else in the time im letting it set :lol:
True.

I am not painting the actual "mechanical" chassis, may touch up the wheels later, but the rest of the bits will get paint.
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Progress report :D

Yesterday the holes for the extras were drilled and everything was primed.

Tonight all the major components have been painted and the chassis started. Aroldite for the wheels is currently setting. The inside of the cab has been painted white which looks real good :D

No more progress for a while now though, although i expect my grandad will give a few bits another coat of paint over the weekend :D

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:44 am

Are either of you going to fit the optional Cab Control Panel Kit, which is listed for the Jessie & Jack?

I agree with Garrett that the cab looks too big on these locos, and was wondering if the Cab Control Panel would help fill out my IP Jessie cab, as it looks very bare with just a driver model at present.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm just using the standard cab control panel that comes with it Chris ;)

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:13 pm

I should have looked at Garrett's photos closer. Now I can see a basic control panel with 2 guages and a hole, which explains why the custom control panel is not listed under the IP Lucy, only the Jessie & Jack.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:48 pm

You look at most preserved diesel locos with cabs added, they're big cabs, but they're also fully enclosed!

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:41 pm

I got my IP Jack today, I got the cab detailing, but I'm guna make a new cab, and add detailing...