Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Locobox?

Post by Spule 4 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:42 am

Anone here own a Locobox loco?

Rheidol specifically......

http://www.pps-steam-models.co.uk/lbx/rheidol.htm
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:37 am

I want a Locobox Isabel... so does South-Trethevy... looks a better alternative to a Mamod! Hope they bring them back soon!

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:20 pm

mhlr wrote:I want a Locobox Isabel... so does South-Trethevy... looks a better alternative to a Mamod! Hope they bring them back soon!
According to my last e-mail with Alan, there are no current plans for these locos to be re-issued.

I am sure the prices of locos made in "The East" is the factor here, so maybe this will change with the current economic situation there?
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:02 pm

My friend, ptlrcecil, owns a locobox garrat engine. He's called it black combe, after a nearby extinc volcano, like the prototypes.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:03 pm

I have mused over the Locobox Rheidol several times, as it's a protoype I very much like. But it isn't a very deatiled model, so she might look a little out of place beside Russell and my non-steam locos, and in any case the price is a bit more than I can afford at the moment. If I found a second-hand one at a good price, perhaps I'd go for it...then again, I think I'd want to see one running and have a go at driving it first.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:51 pm

It's a nice machine, but I don't feel that another waggler is for me.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, I like the locobox Rheidol too. When I began taking garden railways seriously, and began saving up money, I was planning to buy that engine, but then I scaled down to a PPS Janet, and finally I brought a mamod set off ebay.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:47 pm

The Rheidol is a great looking engine, just a pitty about the waggling cylinders on the model. The only locobox engine i've seen running is ptlrcecil dad's garratt, a fantastic engine :)
:D THIS IS MY 200TH POST :D

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Matt wrote:Yeah, I like the locobox Rheidol too.  When I began taking garden railways seriously, and began saving up money, I was planning to buy that engine, but then I scaled down to a PPS Janet, and finally I brought a mamod set off ebay.
Funny, as I am leaning more to a Janet myself, due to the SIZE factor. A shame that more of the common and less expensive 16mm steam is not to scale.... :cry:
Garrett