The CVLR gets it's new home (WIP railway & stock)

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:01 pm

mhlr wrote:Loving the 00 scale postbox,
Apart from the fact that now everytime I look at it I see a postbox rather than an air cleaner, which is probably what you will see now I've told you!

:roll:  :D  :D
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:08 pm

thats looking pretty damn good.
matt colours look much better

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Very nice, but perosnally i think the livery is more suited to jessie, not sure why :? , but good though, which ever way you look at it.
Thanks
Jack

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am

90733 wrote:but perosnally i think the livery is more suited to jessie, not sure why  :?
Some liverys do as you say suit some locos more than others, but just like BR painted the westerns into rail blue for example the CVLR is a company & needs to show it's corporate side regardless of taste.... :D :D :roll: ;)

That and the fact I have 3 cans of Railmatch GWR green.....

Anyway just messing about tonight with a little plan I have been thinking of. Far from finished & not sure about it yet? Still need to fab up some lamp holders & tidy it up but it's a start....

DPDT switches in the cab (On-Off-On), one for tail & one for head.
Wiring to be enclosed below desk.

All on at the front (yes I need to work on the tail lamp mount, bit hard as the whole bonnet lifts off for battery change.)

Switches the other way & all on at the back(all now off at front). Needs lamp bodys built & a bit of a tidy up. Did try smaller diameter pipe but cable wont run through it. :|
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

MoelygestLR
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by MoelygestLR » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:42 am

Looks great With the LEDs

Think I will have to do the same thing with my Jack when it gets dissasembled to fix the gearbox issues.
Thanks,

Paul Wood
MGLR

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:56 am

Cool, the back reminds me of an 08.
Thanks
Jack

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:43 am

Those lights should look supoib when the tubings all painted etc! Very fitting!

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 am

Tidy! That looks to be coming along very well indeed - look forward to seeing it on the CVLR Pway trains once track laying gets underway :D

Speaking of CVLR - nice set of transfers on the accy Welshpool van in the background. Can I ask where they're from?

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 am

90733 wrote:Cool, the back reminds me of  an 08.
That was indeed the inspiration for it. Just a shame I could not get the smaller tubing to work. Will see what it looks like painted first before I change it.
Narrow Minded wrote:look forward to seeing it on the CVLR Pway trains once track laying gets underway :D
Well hopefully I will get started on the ground level part when I have my next week of restdays which I think is 3 weeks away.
Narrow Minded wrote: Speaking of CVLR - nice set of transfers on the accy Welshpool van in the background. Can I ask where they're from?
I got those from back2bay6, can't recall the make off hand, will look when I'm up the works ;) next.
Have started doing all my accy stock with them, they are far too good to have my sloppy handpainted writing on them! :D

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:14 am

Inbetween work & family stuff the Jack is coming on a bit.

Now got to turn my attention to under solebar detail like sand boxes & pipework.

The CVLR's diesel fleet is almost ready to commence P-way dutys as the new line should get started the next week of restdays I have off (depending on weather/wife).

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:26 am

Smart! Looks very purposeful now!

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:33 am

Looks smashing Shane!

MoelygestLR
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by MoelygestLR » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:09 am

Must say, Love what you have done with the cab, might steal a few ideas. Oh and the handrail, were did you get it from out of curiosity?
Thanks,

Paul Wood
MGLR

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:27 am

Paul,
The handrails are mounts from roundhouse with 1/16th brass rod. I will be doing the rear handrails when my local place has some more RH mounts in as I bought the last pack (I think they are about £4.50). Much better than the standard IP cast ones.

I think that Pete (MHLR) having cut the windows out square in the first place gives it a proper diesel look. May have to do my Jessie to match now! :roll:

Palmerston
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Palmerston » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:51 am

Ive never considered a Jack, but know i see what you have done to it.. nice

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:27 am

Looks great! :D

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:14 am

Taken a little time off from altering IP products...

Had a new plan that if I invaded the wifes sundeck with a small railway she would want me to actually build a proper line...Seems to have worked!

Plus what else would keep a 7 month old girl interested?
Diesel traction obviously!!

In other news, when the CVLR was granted it's license to operate in 1889 it was on condition that Lord Slaney was allowed to have a first class carriage on the CVLR's services in return for allowing the company to build a line over his land. Due to a small mishap in the works yard his regular 1st class carriage was destroyed, messr's mamod not being known for building solid rolling stock.

Thankfully the current Lord Slaney & family are touring Africa so that will give the CVLR a chance to build a new carriage which will also incorparate 2nd class as well. The work has already started..
Besides the last carriage was described by the lord & his family as riding like a horsebox, hopefully this will be better.

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by made-in-england » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:08 am

Can i ask what the purpose of the battery box on the outside of the rapier serves? I ask as I have one and am just curious!
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:21 am

Putting more weight over the front axle, the powered one. I found it span a lot even with a light load (which is all it's expected to haul). I have yet to blend it in a bit better. Have also added a brass lower bufferbeam for the same purpose.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh - ain't she CUTE!!

(The baby................)
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html