The North Furness Railway

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:56 pm

There's a nice train of modified mamod coaches there! The poor 'Katie' in Matt's last pic, ooops!

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:00 pm

Those coaches are ptlrcecil's, and got brought along to the open day. It's a good thing he did, as my stock couldn't fit other people's couplings, so we had to use the modified stock.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:35 pm

Wow, that open day looked fun! Where's the loco shed from? Lineside? I'm looking for one, and that's just what i need.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 pm

The engine shed was from a company called kent heritage minitures I think. They do a wide range of concrete buildings for garden railways, and are good value. Mine has withstood attack from wind, rain, sun, snow, little kids, sheep, and cows, and survived!

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Matt wrote:The engine shed was from a company called kent heritage minitures I think.  They do a wide range of concrete buildings for garden railways, and are good value.  Mine has withstood attack from wind, rain, sun, snow, little kids, sheep, and cows, and survived!
Its a shame their website is down. Could I ask how much it cost?

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:00 am

It cost about £100 I think.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:13 am

CCairns wrote:Graham, as was discussed on the other Forum, photobucket is OK for photos but has big problems with video.

Seems to depend where you log into photobucket from as mine is working good at present. I always allow the video to load first with the buffering, etc and then replay it in full.
well access from australia is the pits at the moment
so im putting my vids on youtube. maybe its a cause of the broken undersea cable in the middle east. any thing from your way is sooooo slow even this forum :cry: :evil:

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:25 am

Matt Thanks for posting those photos.

It is good to see that Mamod track and rolling stock can be used successfully with other locomotives.