Video of My Live Steam Loco No.4 - MSS Saddle Tank

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Video of My Live Steam Loco No.4 - MSS Saddle Tank

Post by Chris Cairns » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:03 pm

OK, having fitted a refurbished Mamod loco boiler into this loco, I've finally managed to get some satisfactory running. I'll post a topic about this troublesome loco soon, but in the meantime here is the loco in action.

And on YouTube - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EzwCmKRv4M8

Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoyed it.

Chris Cairns.

(edited to correct video link)
Last edited by Chris Cairns on Wed May 23, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Great video Chris especialy the part taken behind the train.
i will have to find a cheep video camera to do the same as the one we have is too expensive to take the chance on the carriages.
great job thanks for sharing :D

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes I got that video camera cheap on ebay. Whilst it is good for video, it takes very low resolution digital photos, so my digital camera is better for that (although I'm looking at getting a new one with a good macro facility for all these steam engine close-ups).

The screen had started to play up on it as well, but I sorted that out by dropping my photo bag on a steam tour in the Philippines which broke the glass screen - viewfinder still works OK. Hence I am not to worried about dropping it again.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:00 pm

well that fair enough lol
the vid camera we own takes 4mp stills to sd card as well as video to dv tape. has a great zoom facility 12x optical and upto 600x digital also does macro stills so im very happy with it. only down side is that I couldnt get wide angle or telezoom lenses for it even yho they were listed in their parts catalog.