Another Ruston-ish (Proctor)

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Another Ruston-ish (Proctor)

Post by ge_rik » Sat May 04, 2024 5:39 pm

I mentioned in my other Ruston-ish thread, I was working on another Ruston. It's actually their Ruston Proctor.
I struggled to find a drawing and so was about to base it on photos when I came across a download of a Gn15 body on Shapeways for £20. I've never used Shapeways so thought I'd give it a try. The body came as one complete .stl file. No way I'd be able to import it into TinkerCAD and break it down, so I decided to try printing the whole thing at once on my resin printer (another first). I could see that it was designed for an 00 loco chassis and seemed under-scale, so I rescaled it in the slicer to ensure it would fit a 45mm chassis. At first, I was considering the HGLW, but quickly decided it would look better on my own powered chassis.

The body needed some extensive 'tweaking' to provide room for the chassis and, now I actually have a scale drawing, it is over-sized, but I think I'll get away with it.
IMG_3904.JPG
IMG_3904.JPG (840.67 KiB) Viewed 75 times
IMG_3905.JPG
IMG_3905.JPG (626.45 KiB) Viewed 75 times
IMG_3906.JPG
IMG_3906.JPG (672.28 KiB) Viewed 75 times
IMG_3911.JPG
IMG_3911.JPG (741.82 KiB) Viewed 75 times

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

StuartJ
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: Another Ruston-ish (Proctor)

Post by StuartJ » Sat May 04, 2024 7:26 pm

Rik,
I have various drawings (not sure of the source so I won't post them here). PM me your email address if you would like a copy.