Pearse W&L power fresh from the back shops

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
Post Reply
User avatar
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm
Location: Kokomo, Indiana, USA

Pearse W&L power fresh from the back shops

Post by artfull dodger » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Here are a couple of pics of my Pearse Countess and my friends Earl fresh from my shops and ready for duty. Countess was recieved in very poor condition by no fault of the late owner. Someone had "hamfisted" it and crushed in the side of the cab, breaking the roof hinge on one side. She was also quite filthy as the owner passed without warning at a steam up this past January. So into the shops she went for platework and a general tear down and cleaning. She now looks splended and steams very well, I am well chuffed with her. She also sports a chuff pipe. I also received the Brandbright(found them in my old catalog) Pickering saloon coach and composite brake as well with the engine. Then we have my friends Earl, also a Pearse engine, it needed all new O rings to solve multipule steam leaks that were affecting performance, timing was also reset again. Both beautiful models and have thier valve rods in the right(lower) position when running forward, something that the new Accucraft do not. Thiers is in the raised portion of the expansion link which is incorrect when traveling forward. Enjoy! Mike
Image
Image
Image
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

User avatar
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver
Posts: 5720
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: West Wales

Re: Pearse W&L power fresh from the back shops

Post by Peter Butler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Not envious at all..... no I'm not..... not really.... truly!!!!!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

User avatar
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm
Location: Kokomo, Indiana, USA

Re: Pearse W&L power fresh from the back shops

Post by artfull dodger » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm

I need to locate proper decals for the coaches, they look a tad plain without the crest and other lettering on them. Mike
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests