Christmas Pressies

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Big Jim

Christmas Pressies

Post by Big Jim » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:23 pm

I know this is the first Christmas Post and for this I apologise.

I have been doing the rounds of school concerts and civic carol services/nativity plays/christmas tree festivals/christingle services for about three weeks now and its all getting a little stale.

The current wife has just asked me what I would like for Christmas and I got me thinking. If you could have anything, within reason, what would it be?

Now I am not talking about things bizarre, extreme or expensive but something that is within most peoples budget but you know you are not going to get.

Mine would be a good book and a bottle of good scotch and the most important part would be the peace and quiet to be able to enjoy them both.

Anyone else?
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi Jim,

I don't imagine many people will take you to task over any of the comments you've made there.

I might prefer to change the tipple but your suggestion pretty much sums up my ideal provided it's in the company of my partner.

Of course, this being the season of magic and mystery, I wouldn't mind if I got up tomorrow to find that someone had rubbed a magic lamp in the garden and unleashed a civil engineering genie who had finished the railway and landscaped it all for me. Well, I can dream......... ;)
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:56 pm

I would like to be able to move to a place where I could build and operate a garden railway. It's all very well nipping over to Butterley (it's only 10 minutes away by car) but it'd be much nicer to be able to nip down the garden and run for half-an-hour now and again.

However, tomorrow will see the comissioning of the Flagg Fluorspar Co's portable test track.................

On a more practical note, I have asked for 2 IP Engineering Indian goods vans.................
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:38 pm

good post big jim. I always ask for books for Christmas I make a list of a load of books and give it to everyone my sister thinks this is boring and surprised me last year with a lego mini ???.im in too minis but why she got me this I do not know .I took it back to john lewis and I now have some very nice pots and pans in my kitchen.so what would I like for Christmas is a good book some whiskey and for a few of the little jobs I keep meaning to do to finish off the house do be done would be great

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:58 pm

I Have a second hand mille for Christmas. Pity I had to buy it for myself buy hey I'm worth it :lol:

Crackingjob
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Crackingjob » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:38 am

having said I don't know....I finally gave in and said a new sprung centre punch and a combination bench sander grinder......after strange looks I was sent to fix the cooker and no nearer what she wants...can't win...problebly get slippers or a dvd box set.......No 1 grandson however will get rockets made from broom sticks