What is your latest project?
-
pandsrowe
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:15 pm
- Location: West Norfolk, UK
Post
by pandsrowe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:56 am

Seeing so many other members great creations inspired me to finish another one of my cameo scenes.

It is not based on anything special, just various figures that I have collected over the years and put together with the usual bits of scrap.
I just made it up as I went along and I think that the cart has come out possibly a bit over scale. Another thing that close up shots like this reveal is that horticultural grit is definitely too large for a general ground cover. But as always when viewed from six feet away it doesn't look too bad.
Phil
-
philipy
- Moderator

- Posts: 6062
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: South Northants
Post
by philipy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:32 am
pandsrowe:119788 wrote:Another thing that close up shots like this reveal is that horticultural grit is definitely too large for a general ground cover. But as always when viewed from six feet away it doesn't look too bad.
I like Sharp Sand for a gravel yard/forecourt.
Philip
-
JCSteam
Post
by JCSteam » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:44 am
That looks very good I like the cart

is the building a model town one??

-
pandsrowe
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:15 pm
- Location: West Norfolk, UK
Post
by pandsrowe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:40 am
Jon, yes it is a Modeltown 4bay warehouse in half relief as I didn't have enough room for the full depth building.
A slight disadvantage as I discovered with half relief buildings is that they are not very stable with the winds that we experience here in Norfolk, so I had to secure it to the fencing behind.
Phil
-
LNR
- Driver

- Posts: 1899
- Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:26 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Post
by LNR » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:17 am
Looks good Phil. I think the cart is OK size wise, but would it not have sides at least as high as the rear wheels so that any loading would not foul them. Just a suggestion!
Grant.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests