Page 1 of 1

Andel model build

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:30 am
by JCSteam
So after a bit of digging through the railways bits box I found an andel models kit, with flat bed and sided wagon.

I built these up the other day, when id bought them a couple years ago, the intention was to make an indoor line, however when I came to fit them together one of the wheels broke, after not receiving any response to my e-mail for some new parts the loco and wagons were shelved. They still need some finishing, and ive lost the side from the Hudson, may make another from plasticard, cant decide on full length, or matching the other side?? New wheels came in the form of some from a cooper craft kit that had been broken in storage.

Anyhow here they are with some of the accessories that I also dug out, on the kitchen table :)

Image

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm
by Big Jim
They look rather nice.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:56 pm
by JCSteam
Thank you, and good news the missing side has turned up in another box, so I can finish the loco, and start to paint them and the accessories :D

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:03 pm
by MDLR
You won't get any response from Andell Models as he's ceased trading, so the replacement wheels were certainly the way to go!

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:07 pm
by JCSteam
The e-mail was sent around a month after I bought them, a year or two ago :? Hence why it was shelved. A little more determined to get something running I looked for a replacement, and got building :D

I must say despite me breaking a wheel I am quiet pleased with it, and its a shame he's stopped trading as he had some good offerings :D