Tom's station building
- FWLR
- Driver

- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am
- Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK
Re: Tom's station building
Looks even better outside Andrew. I would have it on my line, but I already have station and station house, but I suppose it could be a nice waiting room/shelter also on it somewhere....

ROD
Life is so easy when I run my trains.










https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
Life is so easy when I run my trains.
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
- Andrew
- Moderator

- Posts: 3422
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm
- Location: Bristol, UK
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
Nearly there with this one...
I've finished the painting, so there's just a bit of tidying up, some light weathering and maybe a coat or two of varnish to do now:
Cheers all,
Andrew.
I've finished the painting, so there's just a bit of tidying up, some light weathering and maybe a coat or two of varnish to do now:
Cheers all,
Andrew.
- philipy
- Moderator

- Posts: 6055
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: South Northants
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8004
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
Wow! That's good, Andrew. Definitely looks cream coloured now!
Rik
Rik
- IanC
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 799
- Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 am
- Location: Nr. Warrington, Cheshire
- FWLR
- Driver

- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am
- Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK
Re: Tom's station building
Andrew....Great job on the colour. Tom will be pleased. Hold on Tom has pulled his line up
Can I have first dibs.....
....

Can I have first dibs.....
ROD
Life is so easy when I run my trains.










https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
Life is so easy when I run my trains.
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
- tom_tom_go
- Driver

- Posts: 4824
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
I may still have it, Tom's busy planning alternative railway options subject to planning permission from the land authorities (yes my wife).
- Andrew
- Moderator

- Posts: 3422
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm
- Location: Bristol, UK
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
Excellent - keep me posted!tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:58 pm I may still have it, Tom's busy planning alternative railway options subject to planning permission from the land authorities (yes my wife).
I weathered and varnished it today, just need to glaze it now and it'll be done.
Thanks for the kind comments folks, much appreciated - I'll post some pics of it out in the garden when it's finished...
- BertieB
- Fireman

- Posts: 434
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 am
- Location: Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
It looks great. Really nicely done.
- Andrew
- Moderator

- Posts: 3422
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm
- Location: Bristol, UK
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
Hi all,
The weather was just perfect for a quick photoshoot after I'd finished mowing the lawn this morning so, as promised, here are some final pics of the completed Hornby station building project:
It looks rather nice there, so I think it will become Trefechan's new station building until Tom's latest cunning plan comes to fruition. Because it's destined to move on this one will come indoors between running sessions - when I moved it out of the way this morning, the old station building was home to a family of very large snails!
Thanks for the kind words, advice and encouragement over the course of the project, all are very much appreciated.
All the best,
Andrew.
The weather was just perfect for a quick photoshoot after I'd finished mowing the lawn this morning so, as promised, here are some final pics of the completed Hornby station building project:
It looks rather nice there, so I think it will become Trefechan's new station building until Tom's latest cunning plan comes to fruition. Because it's destined to move on this one will come indoors between running sessions - when I moved it out of the way this morning, the old station building was home to a family of very large snails!
Thanks for the kind words, advice and encouragement over the course of the project, all are very much appreciated.
All the best,
Andrew.
- philipy
- Moderator

- Posts: 6055
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: South Northants
- FWLR
- Driver

- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am
- Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK
Re: Tom's station building
Great station Andrew. Lovely to see it in position, even if it only temporarily.... 
ROD
Life is so easy when I run my trains.










https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
Life is so easy when I run my trains.
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
- IanC
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 799
- Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 am
- Location: Nr. Warrington, Cheshire
-
invicta280
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 676
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 pm
- Location: kent england
Re: Tom's station building
A great project and a handsome result.
-
Paulus
Re: Tom's station building
Great looking little station! Beautiful details and paintwork. Love it!
-
Jonnyb
- Trainee Fireman

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:50 pm
- Location: Surrey
Re: Tom's station building
That looks ace, do you take commissions
- Andrew
- Moderator

- Posts: 3422
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm
- Location: Bristol, UK
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
Glad you like it, thanks!
No, I'm not into commissions. I've got a list of projects a mile long to do, and very little time. Plus, if you charge for things, there's more pressure to get it right, and that's no fun!
That said, given Tom's change of focus, this little building will probably end up on eBay at some point next year, once it's stopped holding the fort on my line. I still owe Tom a favour, so I guess I'll just have to find some HUGE sheets of foamboard to build a station of a suitable size for his "Sweet Pea"!
Cheers,
Andrew.
-
jim@NAL
- Driver

- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am
- Location: haverhill suffok
Re: Tom's station building
Very nice looks just right
- tom_tom_go
- Driver

- Posts: 4824
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
I may still have use for the building as my idea for a new 16mm scale line could be becoming a reality so let me know if you are thinking of selling it first!
Your loco was a joy to work on and run so you don't owe me anything...
Your loco was a joy to work on and run so you don't owe me anything...
- Andrew
- Moderator

- Posts: 3422
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm
- Location: Bristol, UK
- Contact:
Re: Tom's station building
Good news - will do!tom_tom_go wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:58 pm I may still have use for the building as my idea for a new 16mm scale line could be becoming a reality so let me know if you are thinking of selling it first!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests