Enjoy and admire......James from Devon wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the updates.
Cheers
J
Rik

Enjoy and admire......James from Devon wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the updates.
Cheers
J





Thank you Tom....of course, you only see the pictures that I choose at the end of the day. I spare you guys the frustrated shouting / pile of broken / dropped / wrong parts in the bin and my wife bringing me coffee to calm me down .... When I set out building the railway, I had imagined that the most pleasure would come from sitting in the garden on a sunny evening watching the trains run around... I never thought that so much pleasure could come from making my own stocktom_tom_go wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm As usual James you make it all look so easy to achieve the great results you produce.




..... and of course, the added pleasure of knowing that the stock running gently round the garden on that sunny evening is quite unique to your railway and all your own workJames from Devon wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 pm ........, I had imagined that the most pleasure would come from sitting in the garden on a sunny evening watching the trains run around... I never thought that so much pleasure could come from making my own stock![]()

Thanks and I love your railcar....what gauge is it?Todsmods wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm Looks great
Here is a picture of the Australian railcar set i designed myself
NSWGR CPH and CTH railmotor received_10212728860830403.jpeg

Cheers! it comes up a little bright in the camera flash. In case you want any, its Tamiya Flat Blue XF-8

Yeah! multiples are the devils work!


Cheers! I was less clever for the four or five methods I tried first which didn't work very well at all!RylstonLight wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm I like your solution for the springs to accomodate the moulding. Simple once you are clever enough to think of it!

Hi, thanks for you comments and happy to talk through what I do. I must say I am not a moulding expert but have been dabbling for a couple of years. If you want expert advice, I would ask Ron at Swift Sixteen, he clearly has some Jedi-Level skill!pandsrowe wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:57 am James, that's truly inspirational. Would you be so kind as to pass on details as to your moulding and casting techniques?











Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests