Spring 2013 Photo Poll

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here

Photo entries -

Poll ended at Fri May 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Mr Bond - Lambs and Ploughed Fields
12%
andymctractor - A Moment of Peace
6%
Narrow Minded - Drivers Chat in the Spring Sunshine
45%
Dol'LR - "Lady Marilyn" on the Viaduct
10%
Pretoria - "Joan" basks in the Spring Sunshine
18%
MuzTrem - Morris Dancers for Mayday
10%

Total votes: 51

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Spring 2013 Photo Poll

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Fri May 17, 2013 9:04 pm

So, after Laalratty's win of the Winter 2012 Theme, we moved onto the Spring 2013 Theme of "Spring-ing" to action, which the entrants are as follows:

Mr Bond of the DVLR -

Lambs and freshly ploughed fields indicate that spring may have finally arrived in the Deben Valley as DVLR No. 3 River Butley heads a mixed train towards Aldeburgh.

andymctractor -

A moment of peace to enjoy the spring sunshine.

Narrow Minded -

The drivers chat in the Spring sunshine at Loscoe, before Blodwen prepares to work the return trip to Westwood while Myfanwy takes on water.

UnpronounceableLightRail -

With fresh growth on the trees, Lady Marilyn crosses the local viaduct in early spring sunshine

Pretoria

"Joan" basks in the Spring sunshine waiting for the all-clear to set off.

and finally we have MuzTrems -

The Morris dancers are out for Mayday, but Eastbourne's driver has no time to stop and watch as he departs Splashyng on the Bekonscot Model Railway.

Voting finishes at

6pm May 31st

and the winner decides Summer 2013's theme. Good Luck! :D
Last edited by DolwyddelanLightRail on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Keep it up..

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri May 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Well done James for a most professional and efficient turn around. Even remembered to add when the closing date is!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Sat May 18, 2013 12:12 am

Does the poll system prevent a person making multiple votes or voting for themselves.  I'm not looking to cheat but just wondered how the software works.  
Also are there rules on this?
I have voted once already and not for myself may i add.

Forgive me if this is explained elswhere. :roll:
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat May 18, 2013 12:20 am

You can only vote once, and can only see the voting bar chart once you have voted so your vote isn't skewed by what the results are. There's only one fortnight for voting and then its impossible to vote. Voting for yourself is permitted.
(to build)

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sat May 18, 2013 10:23 am

Cheers for the comments! Wasn't the easiest to set up on a slow iffy internet connection!

As Zach as said, it has been set up so that you can only vote once, and the poll *should* close on May 31st (when during the day I don't actually know). The rules for the competition are as follows:

- You may only enter 1 photo per Season
- Any photo that has featured in a competition cannot be used again
- The winner decides the next "Theme", but cannot enter a photo for it (to keep things fair)
- The photo must be yours
- The photo can be taken from any date, so photos taken before the competition has started can be entered
- The photo must be garden railway related in some form

Hopefully that clarifies a few things! You can vote for yourself, however I would have thought it more sporting if you vote for someone else's entry

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat May 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Way back when we started the competition it was discussed weather or not after affects could be used. I believe the consensus was that black and white and sepia old affects could be used but no other digital enhancements or photo shop.
(to build)

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Sun May 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Unless I'm going mad I'm sure I could access the results of the poll before I voted as I noted my %age went down as I voted for someone else.
If I'd voted for myself I would have been equal last rather than last all on my own. lol :D

Anyway, I think the two photo that deserve to be leading are in fact leading.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Fri May 31, 2013 5:51 pm

Sorry andy, seemed to miss your reply. Yes you can view the results of the poll before you cast what you think should win by clicking the "View Results" underneath your options.

However, it is slightly earlier than 6pm, but unless there is going to be a charging hoard of votes within the next few minutes, I think a congratulations is in order for Narrow Minded! Who now has the deciding choice of "Summer" 2013's theme! :D

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:18 am

Thank you very much to everyone who voted - not just for my photo, but all of the entries (but especially my photo :lol: )

Also a big thanks to James for a job well done in the running of the thread, very professional :D

Right, I'm just about to send off a PM with the next theme ~ best of luck everybody :thumbup:

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:55 am

Yes, well done James for a seamless smoothly run operation and well done to all who entered. It was a great response in entries and in votes this time round.
Well done to Narrow Minded for a really great photo - I believe thats the largest lead we've had so far!
Just updated your "winner of" segment. Quite a collection of trophies you've started.
(to build)

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Cheers for the comments! :D I now have the new theme, so shall set it up tomorrow evening at the latest!