My Non Steam Locos No.2 - IP Jessie

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

My Non Steam Locos No.2 - IP Jessie

Post by Chris Cairns » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:14 pm

I've been posting a lot on steam at present, so I thought I'd balance this out with one of my non-steam locos. This is my second non steam loco, which is an IP Engineering's 'Jessie' ( http://www.ipengineering.co.uk/page50.html ) which I won on ebay sometime ago when I was building up my Garden Railway fleet.

It came with the accessory pack (some items fitted), a spare Gearbox/Motor unit and is fitted with a Msonik-3 Loco ESC speed controller. The previous owner had replaced the metal cab roof with a plastic one as he was experiencing problems with his radio control (you can just see my aerial on the white cab roof in the last photo). It runs off a 6 x AA battery pack.

Since obtaining it I've painted and fitted the spectacle rings, headlight surround & steps, fitted a dummy cable to the junction box, wired up the front headlight through a chassis mounted switch, obtained a 27 MHz receiver and transmitter, and obtained a Modeltown driver model ( http://www.ayanami.co.uk/test/catalog/p ... ucts_id=79 ).

It is a good runner, capable of some nice steady slow running, and is currently on display in front of some wagons awaiting its duties on the first PW trains for my Garden Railway.

Thanks for looking.

Chris Cairns.

(edited to correct image links)
Last edited by Chris Cairns on Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:53 pm

I realy like those IP locos!

Thats a real nice one!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:51 pm

Another of the I.P kits, proving they realy are superb value for money.

Shifty
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Shifty » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:58 pm

Looking good! Might have to invest in one of those little darlings for the heavier works-trains on the WLR. Thinking of purchasing another IP Railcar and making a double-heading radio controlled pair - but we'll see.

Keep up the good work Chris!

Shifty

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:18 pm

They look Great Chris may have to get one sometime and run it on my garden railway which is still work in progress :?
thanks for shareing mate

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:05 pm

Shifty, I have a railcar, I'm thinking of getting 2 and making one large double motored one with 2 cabs!