The Ffestiniog 16mm Garden Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
METHSSNIFFER

The Ffestiniog 16mm Garden Railway

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:18 am

Following the pursuit of others I have now produced a website of my creation. The website is in its infancy and is so far descriptive in detail. A lot has to be added as well as finished and the website will be updated as time allows.

User avatar
Keith S
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Keith S » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:52 am

Excellent. I really like it so far. I am looking forward to when you have the pictures filled in. I like the "slate" background.

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 am

Thanks Keith!

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 am

Nice One Mr. M. :D

You've done plenty enough to whet my appetite, so I hope I'm not going to have to wait too long to see some more!
(I'll be visiting regularly and nagging you if you don't get adding some stuff! ;) )

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 am

I suppose ive committed myself now so I will endeavour to keep it up with hopefully no lapses so busy times ahead.

Stewart Gethin

Post by Stewart Gethin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Looks very well made mate, one typo I've noticed is, it should be Croeso, not Croesor in the introduction. :)

Stew. (reading through your website now)

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Diolch!

Catweasel

Ffestiniog GR

Post by Catweasel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm

All I have is a snapshot of the front page,then it all goes blue! Mind you, I do have to put up with a crappy 3broadband dongle. Soon be backon cable (fingers Crossed).

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 pm

This weekend the rail inspectors were out and a number of timber sleepers are in need of replacement. 168 ft of rail has been resleepered!

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

METHSSNIFFER:68376 wrote:168 ft of rail has been resleepered!
:shock: Is that scale feet or actual???

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 pm

scale!

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:43 pm

METHSSNIFFER:68380 wrote:scale!
Phew! ;)

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Im not that motivated! lol More ramin on order though it is hard wood to get hold of now banned imports from Malaysia even Brandbright aint got it!

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Hmmm, do you think it might also be due to Brandbright "winding down"?

168 scale feet still aint bad, and it's good to see you're getting your mojo back! (nice wagon too :D )

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Are they winding down ...its a shame the suppliers are struggling. Best to get what you can now b4 its too late.

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Thats winding up not down! Someone on here said Squires had gone bust but there still trading. Further work has continued today on relaying track due to sleeper deterioration the railway is having a rebirth with new planting giving it a refreshed look for 2012 ..

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Image

Progress on the FR more sleepers arrived today and the laying gang are hard at it in the heat of the sun.

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:44 pm

METHSSNIFFER:68500 wrote: gang are hard at it in the heat of the sun.
Could be worse, they could be firing the trains in this heat :lol:

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:15 pm

At least my expansion gaps in this heat will be at their optimum

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Well another sunny day and more relaying track commenced and a right hand point built. Dduallt has been totally relaid now as well as the spiral to Rhoslyn bridge. Must crack on whilst the weather is fine Narrow Minded Weather Watch suggests a change for the worse coming soon.
Image

Note the back scenes adourning the gate and shed these are the scenes viewed on the Festiniog taken from photos and painted two years ago. Unusual I know seeing blue skies in North Wales

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests