Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland (P) Railway May Day Events

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland (P) Railway May Day Events

Post by SillyBilly » Thu May 01, 2008 11:18 pm

Hello,
After seeing the pre-Ravenglass event pics, thought I'd show you some of my pre FfR & WHR(P) Event pics that have taken, and shall take!
http://billsrailpics.fpic.co.uk/c1503057.html
That's the link! I hope to update it throughout the weekend :) .

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 pm

no pics there yet :(

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Fri May 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Nice stuff, the second shot in particular is just stunning! 8) I remember going to see Jerry M myself at Hollycombe last year, and she is a beautiful engine. Just a shame I'm too far away to come to this event, but I hope it all goes well and good luck with getting some more pics!

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Fri May 02, 2008 7:40 pm

Nice pics there, look forward to seeing what im missing, as for the first day of the ratty gala, dad was guarding, services were 30 mins late by 3:00 with nothing going wrong :lol:
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Fri May 02, 2008 9:39 pm

love the background picture Will
an area of natural beauty

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri May 02, 2008 11:38 pm

After school today I went accross to the WHR (P) and help assemble the passenger train & helped with various tasks. Also had the pleasure of driving a 7 1/4" quarry Hunslet, before having an indepth conversation with a nice man who owns a couple of 5in locos, one is a model of Charles which sounds like a truly stunning engine to drive, not just to look at, it was fascinating to feel how much wear had been made on the wheels on a loco what only began service in 2001, certainly a working loco!

I'm volunteering on our stand at the model show this weekend so i shall post pics of the 16mm steam layout, and other bits.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri May 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Been a bit busy with Year 10 exams at the moment, but just thought I'd post a quick not to say that if you click on the above link again you will se a load more photos.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Tue May 27, 2008 7:55 pm

Nice photos, was at the gala yesterday with my boyfriend. Had a lovely time in coach 100. 8)
Last edited by riveresk on Tue May 27, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue May 27, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm not sure 100 is considered new still, its been in traffic for over a year and this topic is about the event at the begining of May, not the end (ok ok i know same visiting engine etc :lol: )
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Tue May 27, 2008 9:06 pm

laalratty wrote:I'm not sure 100 is considered new still, its been in traffic for over a year and this topic is about the event at the begining of May, not the end (ok ok i know same visiting engine etc :lol: )
*sighs* teach me to look at date won't it. Bank holiday weekend was still good though.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'